• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend v Blackpool Sat Nov 17

What's your choice for Saturday's starting 11?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Well, it's another SUEPA event day- Efe Sodje making a top effort and driving down from Manchester - I'm sure you'll all give him a great welcome. He'll be searched n the way in to see if he's still got Rooney in his pocket.

UTB

Games are coming thick and fast and this Saturday sees the clash of the seaside towns as Blackpool visit Roots Hall. They are currently 9th in the table on 25 points, two more than Southend. The last two home Shrimpers matches have sparked a fair bit of discussion regarding 1st and 2nd half performances, and substitutions (or lack of them) have also got posters posting so it will be interesting to see what our next league game serves up to the faithful.

Assuming there have been no serious injuries to any of the players following the Southampton kindergarden game the team selection poll includes the usual suspects for your team selection views.

Just a friendly reminder, Demetriou is available for this game as he is suspended for Cyprus :)

Thanks for the reminder, I had forgotten. He's now in at the expense of Rene as there are a finite number of lines for polls.

I think McCoulsky did himself a world of favours last night and I'd start him with Cox even if they are a bit similar. Much prefer Theo as the option from the bench anyway.

I like Moore and White together, and the midfield three seem fairly settled so the only debate is whether McLaughlin, Kightly or Bunn - who I've just remembered and should probably have selected1

I'm actually coming down for this. I expect an entertaining win with lots of goals. :Smile2:

I'll be wearing my bandana, driving up from darkest Kent for this one. Not seen a win yet this season, but last season I was there for that last minute penalty save against Blackpool, hoping for a repeat of Oxley's heroics from that day!

I'll be wearing my bandana, driving up from darkest Kent for this one. Not seen a win yet this season, but last season I was there for that last minute penalty save against Blackpool, hoping for a repeat of Oxley's heroics from that day!
I’m hoping he doesn’t have a single save to make.

Me neither. In fact I've not even seen us turn up yet this season. Was planning to go, maybe I should stay at home after all...

Me neither. In fact I've not even seen us turn up yet this season. Was planning to go, maybe I should stay at home after all...
Yeah can you both stay away for the rest of the season. Cheers

I’d go with a 442

Oxley
Demi Moore Turner Hendrie
Kightly Mantom Dru Bunn
McClouskey Cox

Time to give McClouskey a start in the league. We need a finisher in the team and would say it’s worth a go. UTB

Mrs Somerset Ex-TTB got her dates all wrong and booked a trip to Prague this weekend, so I will be taking my laptop and fingers crossed legally watching in my hotel room on i-follow.

The other couple of times I have been abroad, I have not been able to use it on my phone, so trying out the laptop instead.

I think I went for Bunn and Macca as Kightly will be rested I reckon, and play on Tuesday instead.

Mrs Somerset Ex-TTB got her dates all wrong and booked a trip to Prague this weekend, so I will be taking my laptop and fingers crossed legally watching in my hotel room on i-follow.

The other couple of times I have been abroad, I have not been able to use it on my phone, so trying out the laptop instead.

I think I went for Bunn and Macca as Kightly will be rested I reckon, and play on Tuesday instead.
Could have been worse mate, she could have booked a weekend in Blackpool.

Moore is playing really well .... So definitely got to play. Not sure why McCoalsky hasn't had more time but he played well against U21's so give him a go and rest Cox, we'll probably need him more on the 8th at Pompey. I still think we need another striker in January, not because who we have are no good, but to give us options.
I did notice the shots on target vs goal stats looked healthier on Weds. Much better than double figure attempts and zero or little reward like earlier in season.

Back