• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Shrimpergonzo

You have no authority here, Jackie Weaver⭐
Staff member
Team News:

Smith, White, Thompson, Ferdinand, Sokolik, Kyprianou, Atkinson, King, Leonard, Mooney, Cox.

Subs: Oxley, O'Neill, McGlashan, Bridge, Williams, Alawode-Williams, Matsuzaka.

So it looks like he's playing 3 centre backs for the first time this season, in a game where John White presumably is playing as a wing back.

I give up!

Brighton Sanchez; White, Goldson, Huenemeier, Cadman; Collar, Hutchinson, Molumby; Hornby-Forbes, Ward, Starkey.

Who?

Completely forgot about us signing Kyprianou last year, will be interesting to see if he can step up to the first team.

Just picks systems and names out of a hat these days doesn't he.

No wingers? I hope he has explained clearly what he wants the players to do.
Are we lining up 5 3 2
or is it
3 5 2?

Brighton Sanchez; White, Goldson, Huenemeier, Cadman; Collar, Hutchinson, Molumby; Hornby-Forbes, Ward, Starkey.

Who?

Huenemeier is a 30 year old defender that made 15 appearances in the league last year for Brighton (although doesn't look like he's played this year outside of a cup appearance), the rest all seem to be youth players. Since Brighton don't seem to be taking advantage of the 5 overage players rule we should have a good chance here.

Edit: Actually it looks like Goldson has made a few appearances for Brighton as a full back, although at 23 he's a fringe player. Hornby-Forbes whilst having stayed in Brighton's youth team since arriving did spend 2 years as a winger for Fleetwood and played regularly for them.

Elsewhere I see Exeter manager Paul Tisdale has named himself (aged 43) and a 15 year old on their bench tonight!

Top man, holding the competition in the same contempt as most of us.

Omg, we have two attacking full Backs in Coker and demetriou and he plays 4 at the back. We have one defensive fill back in white, so he plays wing backs with him. :facepalm::facepalm:

I'm happy with the rotation in full-backs/wing-backs. Substitutes involving Bridge, Alawode-Williams and Matsuzaka would make it a productive night for the youth gaining experience.

Is this some sort of weird 3-3-2-2 with Ferdinand in a holding midfield role?

.....................Smith
..........White Thompson Sokolik
Leonard........ Ferdinand......... Kyprianou
..........Atkinson ...........King
..........Mooney............ Cox

Or is it a straight 4-4-2

Smith
White Thompson Sokolik Kyprianou
Leonard Ferdinand King Atkinson
.............Mooney Cox

Is this some sort of weird 3-3-2-2 with Ferdinand in a holding midfield role?

.....................Smith
..........White Thompson Sokolik
Leonard........ Ferdinand......... Kyprianou
..........Atkinson ...........King
..........Mooney............ Cox

Or is it a straight 4-4-2

Smith
White Thompson Sokolik Kyprianou
Leonard Ferdinand King Atkinson
.............Mooney Cox

So Ferdinand is the new Carl Hutchings?

Elsewhere I see Exeter manager Paul Tisdale has named himself (aged 43) and a 15 year old on their bench tonight!

Top man, holding the competition in the same contempt as most of us.

Luton have named a load of youngsters too.

loads of empty grounds photos on Twitter too, photo of our boys warming up shows a near empty RH !

I can confirm that as one of the few 'scabs' it is in fact empty. Maybe 150 in west, 25 away and 600 east (and I'm being generous).

Back