• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend v Brighton

Absolutely Disgusted!!!!

That was a diabolical display with no heart and so little interest from the team Ronnie should, if they had the dosh, repay every fan that attended the match!

I will score the players after working tonight as I really feel very cheated and angry at this time.

Terrible!!!!

Just to post a little spot of mine today, staring Mr Alan McCormack. Well, where do we start. I don't rate him as a player or a professional and today sums it up completely. The players all came out for the second half, went over to Laurence Bloom to carry out the second half warm up, with the exception of the drunken Irishman. He lumbered out of the tunnel, walked slowly past the rest of the team warming up and stuck two fingers up at his team mates. Literally. No, I'm not talking metaphorically, he actually stuck his two fingers up. You're a disrespectful ****.

I saw the incident, and while I agree with you for the most of that, this wasn't that serious. He was sticking his fingers up at Bloom, who did it right back, and it struck me as being purely "banter" or a joke between the two.

I saw the incident, and while I agree with you for the most of that, this wasn't that serious. He was sticking his fingers up at Bloom, who did it right back, and it struck me as being purely "banter" or a joke between the two.

Whilst it may have had a slight edge of banter to it, it still strikes me that he does what he wants, when he wants and nobody gives a damn. Why should he get off doing the warm up?

Team for the last 3 games:

Bentley, Francis, Baldwin, Mvoto, Herd, Laurent, Grant, Moussa, O'Keefe, Paterson, Crawford. Subs: Barrett, Mildenhall, nobody else

Call me cynical, but I'd say there's a good chance of Kelvin Jack being our No1 next season, so I'd give him a game or two.

Steve Mildenhall : 5. Couldn't do a lot about the goal. Collected crosses from corners however needs to be a lot quicker distrubuting the ball and getting it on target.

Simon Francis : 7. Solid defensively and came in with a great tackle towards the end. Looked rather too casual though in the first half.
Jean Yves Mvoto : 5 Regaining his form but it's too little too late for the defender.
Pat Baldwin : 6.5 Not a bad game for the skipper however, he looked shakey at times.
Johnny Herd : 4 Didn't play to his normal standards today and looked a lot less lively.
Anthony Grant 6: Knows what he is doing in the midfield but didn't create any chances
Alan McCormack 5: Looked aggresive and dominated the Brighton's defence and midfield, but again he did not create many chances.
Jean Francois Christophe: 2.5 Couldn't run with the ball without getting intercepted or falling over. Poor performance.
Franck Moussa 6: Average game for him today, although looked aggresive down the wing.
Francis Laurent 4: Should have buried it on more than one occasion
Scott Vernon 1.5: Missed a pretty much open goal by lifting it over the bar. Never looked as if he was going to score and looked far too casual

Subs

Crawford 6.5: Looked our best display up front and came close to scoring with a bullet header in the second half which went over the bar.
Patterson 5: Didn't do a lot.

Referee : 3 Some very, very poor decisions.

Tilson: 6 Should have made a sub earlier on.

Crowd: 8,500 attendance and not so bad of an atmosphere.

Dave of The Match's Man of The Match: Simon Francis

To suggest that Macca was twice as good as JFC today is ludicrous. Both were futile.

I can't believe it.
Culprits as follows..
Moussa...no effort, even less quality.
Macca....no quality and zero support for those around him.
JFC...ran up his own backside and got in the way of most chances we had
Herd.....sorry son, you were cack today.
Vernon.....clueless.
Grant.....pass the ball to Francis and follow him will you, don't just stand there for christ's sake
Laurent.....couldn't hit a cow's arse with a banjo

Culprits indeed.

Mildenhall - look at me I'm effing made of chocalate - I'm just going to ponce around my box holding the ball - LOOK AT ME - lurve my car - now i'll gesture with great authority before i kick the ball into touch - oh whoopsy daisy been beaten again - I AM too good for this ...

Francis - oh **** - theres no-one else out here who can play -

Mvoto - its a lot easier when i can do it my way - wheres that mad guy whos always shouting gone - ??

Baldwin - don't suppose my little move down here will come off now ..... anyway its peanuts in league 2

Herd - must get over the halfway line so i don't get blamed for the anything - oh no they
keep targetting me -

Moussa - well my new hair is lovely and I wonder what lge 2 is like - maybe I'll get an offer - i do like it here - be very inconvinient

Granty - i can't do this all by myself -

Macca - effing blooming effing - its your fault - its the popes fault - its all dutch to me - run around - maybe the agent will move me on - REF REF - effing blooming eff - I CARE - i DON'T CARE - EFFING FOOTBALL -

JFC - well you say i am not playing well but at Portsmouth i was having no problem - perhaps you do not understand - when i have the ball PLEASE stand still so i can decide what to do - do not harrass me - i am going make a pass ...

Vernon - OH No THERES THE GOAL ------- its empty - heres the ball - ball into net ?- oh no oh no everyone is watching - what shall i do ????? foot to ball - oh no oh no oh no - ................... i'll do better next time -

Laurent - je ne sais crois - i am briliiant - my next club will be ,,,,,,, ?

Crawford - looks like a good youth team player getting his first taste of professional fotball -

Paterson - haven't washed my hair haven't shaved don't want one anyone spotting me i'll just run around as usual -

Tilson - i've been stitched up like a kipper here -

Barrett - LAME _ lame all season - will not forget his endorsement of relegation -

Brush - i am well out of that snakepit -

RM - loadsa money ..... oh they'll be alright - just a shabby little thing like it was before -won't cost me half as much and maybe i'll get rid of that Mr Southend United Tilson - maybe then I'll get the recognition i deserve - its my dream to have loads of money from sainsburys - WHAT DO THEY KNOW - bloody idiots all of them - football fans -

Mildenhall 2
franno 8 mom
Baldwin 6.5
mvoto 7
herd 6
moussa 4
christophe 6.5
macca 3
grant 6
vernon 4
laurant 6

SUBs
Crawford 6
paterson 5

I dont want to say much so I'm just going to post my ratings

Mildenhall - 5 - couldnt do much about the goal, distribution was poor.
Francis - 6 - Felt sorry for francis today. wanted the ball, looked interested.
Baldwin - 5 - made me nervous everytime the ball went to him in the air, didnt win a header all day.
Mvoto - 6 - solid performance
Herd - 6 - an average game
Grant - 5 - definitely gave up after 70 minutes, uninterested and faded out of the game
Cristophe - 3 - poor control, poor decision making, poor marking (theres a trend going on here)
Mccormack - 6 - tried hard but got frustrated and gave up with grant
Moussa - 5 - not his best performance, lost out on a few balls and got frustrated
Vernon - I am so annoyed with this player, how is he a professional footballer?? squandered an easy chance, just put the ball in the effin net mate!
Laurant - 5 - i wanted to kill him when he missed that chance but only because I saw us relegated after that.

I'd rather have one Macca than two JFCs in a squad of 11.

Why ? At least JFC put a tackle in and tried, even if he's not good enough. Macca was so far off the pace it was unbelievable, and IMO could'nt care less. Neither could pass a ball i agree, but Macca is just total pooh, not fit to do up Maher's laces. sorry OBL. Get rid I say. Grant and The Moose are the future, with Laurant and O'Keefe wide. Oh and we could save a fortune on MaCCA'S WAGES TOO IF HE GOES(and fines) or does he pay them for all the bookings.

Mildenhall - look at me I'm effing made of chocalate - I'm just going to ponce around my box holding the ball - LOOK AT ME - lurve my car - now i'll gesture with great authority before i kick the ball into touch - oh whoopsy daisy been beaten again - I AM too good for this ...

Francis - oh **** - theres no-one else out here who can play -

Mvoto - its a lot easier when i can do it my way - wheres that mad guy whos always shouting gone - ??

Baldwin - don't suppose my little move down here will come off now ..... anyway its peanuts in league 2

Herd - must get over the halfway line so i don't get blamed for the anything - oh no they
keep targetting me -

Moussa - well my new hair is lovely and I wonder what lge 2 is like - maybe I'll get an offer - i do like it here - be very inconvinient

Granty - i can't do this all by myself -

Macca - effing blooming effing - its your fault - its the popes fault - its all dutch to me - run around - maybe the agent will move me on - REF REF - effing blooming eff - I CARE - i DON'T CARE - EFFING FOOTBALL -

JFC - well you say i am not playing well but at Portsmouth i was having no problem - perhaps you do not understand - when i have the ball PLEASE stand still so i can decide what to do - do not harrass me - i am going make a pass ...

Vernon - OH No THERES THE GOAL ------- its empty - heres the ball - ball into net ?- oh no oh no everyone is watching - what shall i do ????? foot to ball - oh no oh no oh no - ................... i'll do better next time -

Laurent - je ne sais crois - i am briliiant - my next club will be ,,,,,,, ?

Crawford - looks like a good youth team player getting his first taste of professional fotball -

Paterson - haven't washed my hair haven't shaved don't want one anyone spotting me i'll just run around as usual -

Tilson - i've been stitched up like a kipper here -

Barrett - LAME _ lame all season - will not forget his endorsement of relegation -

Brush - i am well out of that snakepit -

RM - loadsa money ..... oh they'll be alright - just a shabby little thing like it was before -won't cost me half as much and maybe i'll get rid of that Mr Southend United Tilson - maybe then I'll get the recognition i deserve - its my dream to have loads of money from sainsburys - WHAT DO THEY KNOW - bloody idiots all of them - football fans -

HA ha.
And the job for the next Echo match reporter goes to.....

Telling moment for me was when there was a groan when the PA bod said five minutes injury time. Everyone just wanted it to end.

Bar Francis they were either all pathetic or completely lacking in ability.

Committed to going to Stockport so I do not miss a home game this season which will be the first time ever as in the past there's always been one or two games a year I could not make. What a season to pick to chalk up this 'achievement'.

Committed to going to Southampton as I promised I would 'treat' my Dad given his exile on Isle of Wight.

Committed to not going to Oldham. What a woeful place to watch a woeful passionless team. No thank you.

Still looking forward to ten new grounds in League Two though.....!

Back