• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

TV Highlights Southend v Darlington, FA Trophy

I know we were playing a side from the league below but we do play some nice stuff at times. Miley is central to everything, he's like a non-league Pirlo. Cardwell got good feet for a big lad too. We look comfortable on the ball in all positions to be fair. Lots to be positive about at least on the pitch.

Yeah, looking a the highlights Powell’s chance was a sitter, a far easier opportunity than I thought at the time. He had a bit of an off day, nothing really worked. I wouldn’t be surprised if Murphy starts the next game, maybe some competition will fire Powell up again, he seems to have gone off the boil recently.

Murphy will get some decent game time on Tuesday to sharpen up more. He looked hungry for the ball when he came on and id forgotten his aerial threat on crosses and corners.

Powell finishing is awful, that header was so Sunday league, you’ve got to mean the header, attack it.
In fairness to him, it's probably not something he concentrates on given his size. It's probably very rare he even gets a chance at a header.

Their commentary was quite comical. Nice to hear them have a laugh, not taking themselves too seriously.
They were also so happy for us when we got the winner!

(I'm not blaming them BTW, it just made me laugh.)

I know we were playing a side from the league below but we do play some nice stuff at times. Miley is central to everything, he's like a non-league Pirlo. Cardwell got good feet for a big lad too. We look comfortable on the ball in all positions to be fair. Lots to be positive about at least on the pitch.
We need to take more of our goal chances that we create.
Murphy, Hyde,Powell and Cardwell 🙏👏👍🛩

In fairness to him, it's probably not something he concentrates on given his size. It's probably very rare he even gets a chance at a header.

Height should have nothing to do with practicing headers. If are in space, it's irrelevant how tall you are!!

It was a poor header, it didn't even need to be that powerful, just needed to be put anywhere than straight at the keeper.

Height should have nothing to do with practicing headers. If are in space, it's irrelevant how tall you are!!

It was a poor header, it didn't even need to be that powerful, just needed to be put anywhere than straight at the keeper.
Composure is the problem. Sets apart a non league striker from a league one.

Yeah, looking a the highlights Powell’s chance was a sitter, a far easier opportunity than I thought at the time. He had a bit of an off day, nothing really worked. I wouldn’t be surprised if Murphy starts the next game, maybe some competition will fire Powell up again, he seems to have gone off the boil recently.
Last week CP produced the stat of how much better we are with Powell starting in the side.. Now we are dropping him? As frustrating as he is with a clear lack of composure his energy/pressing up top sets the tone for the rest of the side and you are not getting that from Murphy or Hyde, Wreh or anyone else.

Back