• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wouldn't be a very smart thing to do. We are a professional football club.

Why is not smart? We are a professional club as you said, so play the players that are employees of the club rather than players that are unlikely to be here in August. Some need game time, some need to prove themselves to the management and try to earn new contracts etc

Why is not smart? We are a professional club as you said, so play the players that are employees of the club rather than players that are unlikely to be here in August. Some need game time, some need to prove themselves to the management and try to earn new contracts etc

So who would you be dropping Barnett for. If any of the youngsters are good enough they would have played already. Like Payne for example. This is not under tens football, we don't have to keep anyone's dad happy.

Why on earth would Payne and Bentley sign for Bolton? Neither of them are from up North, neither of them have any affiliation with Bolton, both have realistic ambitions to play higher than League One. Makes no sense!

I think Bolton might struggle in League One next season - they won't have the benefit of parachute payments like Wigan have, they'll be rebuilding their team and not sure they've seen the last of the financial problems either. Momentum works in both directions and I think they may struggle to shake off the downward trajectory from finishing bottom of the Championship this season.

Can see why BWFC might be attractive to Brown and possibly some of our steadier League One players with northern roots (Atkinson, Worrall, Hurst), but not Bentley or Payne.

Funny.... Noel Hunt is from up north and Ireland, he always played higher than us, he was going to the states, he had no affiliation to us....$$$$$$ I am afraid.

Funny.... Noel Hunt is from up north and Ireland, he always played higher than us, he was going to the states, he had no affiliation to us....$$$$$$ I am afraid.

A new poster who's very keen to Troll about Noel Hunt and the Roslin......Whys that I wonder.

All this assumption that PB is off, well, I know that some players have already been told they will not be offered a new contract - is this something that he would be doing if he was going? Genuinely, what do people think?

Back to a proper back 4 this week please, would be more than happy to see Ted given a chance in goal but don't think Brown will do it while there is still a mathematical chance of getting into the play-offs.

Bentley
White, Thompson, Barrett, Coker
Worrall, Atkinson, Leonard
Payne, McQueen
Barnett

Brown himself said it was all over two weeks ago and he mentioned bringing in the youngsters, which presumably he saw as the right thing to do as a professional club . That may have been his last fling attempt to motivate as per last year, but clearly he saw no unprofessional aspect in the prospect of our contracted younger players gaining some better experience.
Two games on he's saying it's not all over and he will attempt to win the next 6 games and see where we are.
That doesn't imply giving much experience to youngsters.
However who knows , as much as I like and admire our Manager , he is hardly Mr. Consistent, with line ups or what utters from his mouth.
personally although an optimist I don't see us strong enough right now to win the next 6 games on the trot. I would like to see the youngsters given some form of opportunity. It does not have to be all or nothing. Just being with the first team squad or getting. 20 minutes in front of a decent home support would be a very professional way to go and gain significant experience for our contracted youngsters surely?

Ted must play Sat! I can't see him playing Ted at Walsall or Wigan so I'd give him the next 2 home games! If it was me I'd have binned Bentley off earlier / altogether as he wont be here next season and the play-offs hopes lasted a lot longer than expected!

Not fussed about Williams but I'd like to see Bridge given 20/30 mins here or there but can't see that happening.

So who would you be dropping Barnett for. If any of the youngsters are good enough they would have played already. Like Payne for example. This is not under tens football, we don't have to keep anyone's dad happy.

PB said it might be time to give the youngsters a go, so why not? That's all. Agree or disagree that's the point of a forum. It's my opinion if you don't like it then fine. It's not the first time you disagree with someone on here!

......not since Gary Hooper left !!!!

PB said it might be time to give the youngsters a go, so why not? That's all. Agree or disagree that's the point of a forum. It's my opinion if you don't like it then fine. It's not the first time you disagree with someone on here!

My question was about Barnett. Hunt and Mooney are injured and you don't want Williams in the team. So why would you drop all the loan players. Then what, send Barnett back to Shrewsbury? It would spoil our chances of loaning players next season.

Plenty of fans are already hoping we sign him at the end of the season so dropping him for no reason won't help. Others wonder why Shrewsbury are so keen to dump him less than a year after paying £100,000 for his services.

I would have thought the next six games will a good opportunity to see if we really are happy with Tyrone Barnett.

My question was about Barnett. Hunt and Mooney are injured and you don't want Williams in the team. So why would you drop all the loan players. Then what, send Barnett back to Shrewsbury? It would spoil our chances of loaning players next season.

Plenty of fans are already hoping we sign him at the end of the season so dropping him for no reason won't help. Others wonder why Shrewsbury are so keen to dump him less than a year after paying £100,000 for his services.

I would have thought the next six games will a good opportunity to see if we really are happy with Tyrone Barnett.

that's your opinion, to be fair I agree regarding Barnett, he is the one stand out loan player we have. But his future with us or not is very much defendant in whether PB stays or not. If PB stays I would be very surprised if Barnett didn't join and I would be happy with that. Can't say the same with any of the other loanees.

It is the end of season and nothing is left for us to play for except position, pride, honesty, some contracts for some players AND the fact that it is their (the whole club & management)jobs in the entertainment sports industry to perform until the last whistle while preparing for the close and next season; so if the loans aren't figuring in that then they don't play and may as well return to their clubs. Similarly if they aren't inclined to renew their employment.

GK - Ted Smith

back 4 from O'Neill, JW, The Adams, Cokes and maybe Peitr?

4 in front of them from Wozza, Deegs, Lenny, MacL, Bridge, and if fit Moose, Tims, WW.

Barnett and Payne up top, if fit Hunt

That is 18 players, some not bench fit BUT the bulk of a squad that may be the future and some space for making the squad nos up to 20.

I make that 3 points to Fleetwood and none to Peterborough. Happy to be convinced otherwise

I make it another poke in the eye for the Peterborough fans and for those who had the club down for promotion this season. :'(

A win for Fleetwood on Saturday would see them move a great deal closer to safety - all the motivation they need surely?

I make it another poke in the eye for the Peterborough fans and for those who had the club down for promotion this season. :'(

A win for Fleetwood on Saturday would see them move a great deal closer to safety - all the motivation they need surely?

I make u right here, although despite our differing away form we are pretty solid at home. However with the current uncertainty surrounding players/management this does have the makings of a dia 1-0 home defeat to send the 45 away fans home happy

Wordsworth definitely won't be fit for this weekend, we asked him this the other night.
What is the long term problem with Wordsworth, along with Hunt he seems incabable of playing more than a couple games without being injured.

Back