• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hardly seems fair when we had such thoroughbreds as Chrissy Powell and they had cloggers like Stuart Pearce.

Still that must have been one of our shortest ever midfields with Keith Jones and Derek Payne both in.

Another game I was at.

We were in the West Bank, right by the North Bank goal.

Derek Payne missed an absolute sitter in the second half!

Me too Andy! I Remember Psycho lumbering around, we should have won this one.

Yep, that's right.

First game of the season and Stan was due back here, but couldn't play.

Forest full back Des Lyttle fouled Otto in the second half. It was a cynical tackle by him as I still maintain Otto was away and clear. Always disliked Lyttle as a result.

Remember Ricky Otto saying afterwards, that as both teams came out together, he couldn't believe the size of Stuart Pearce's thighs!.
Recall we scored in the opening minutes, and their keeper ( Crossley?) got injured?.

Remember Ricky Otto saying afterwards, that as both teams came out together, he couldn't believe the size of Stuart Pearce's thighs!.
Recall we scored in the opening minutes, and their keeper ( Crossley?) got injured?.

You can see Crossley getting his head split open by Sussex's flailing boot in the highlights

I remember this game well as we (Southend United) had won the football supporters association tournament during the summer and paraded the supporters trophy round the pitch before the match. Coincidentally we had won the trophy in Nottingham, with a great presentation celebration at Notts Countys ground.
Anyway, before the match we were by the changing rooms and Stuart Pearce was doing stretches in the old gym, he was naked apart from his jock strap and I can confirm that his thighs were indeed glorious!! :omg:

I remember the game being delayed because of crowd congestion, RH was packed and the attendance was announced as about 6,500! :nope:

Thought we were in for a really great season after that goal went in. Remember Fry adding significantly to the squad that summer, and there being a real buzz about the place after our escape act the previous season. We whipped loads of big teams in the first half of that season, only for it to begin to fall apart after Fry left in the December. Funnily enough, I was watching that match on You Tube today. I can't believe how much the game has changed atmosphere-wise. Anything from 91-94 brings back really fond memories for me. I was in my early teens, getting really into football. Miss standing in the North Bank.

Back