• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Foul definetily starts outside the box, as soon as he gets in he just throws himself to the ground.

Woeful penalty though.

cant moan about the penalty decision, Phillips get done for pace and then puts his hand on the guys shoulder and tugs him back, simple as, if it would of been our way we would say it was a penalty, Phillips should know better, good job we got away with it tho eh.

cant moan about the penalty decision, Phillips get done for pace and then puts his hand on the guys shoulder and tugs him back, simple as, if it would of been our way we would say it was a penalty, Phillips should know better, good job we got away with it tho eh.

Well you should, the foul began outside the box so only ever a free kick, never a penalty

Said this last night Phil. It looks a penalty even the main contact is inside the box.

If a foul is committed anywhere else on the field it id called back to where the foul was first committed. Surely as Phillips it pulling the Newport players shirt, the ref has to call the foul where it began

If a foul is committed anywhere else on the field it id called back to where the foul was first committed. Surely as Phillips it pulling the Newport players shirt, the ref has to call the foul where it began
Looks like foul in box not outside

Phillips barely touched him before he entered the penalty area and the pull back (you can clearly see his arm move down) happened in the area.

Bet if that was the other way round we would have been shouting for a penalty.

arm on shoulder outside box, tug on shirt and pulled back inside box, cant complain about that and like I said, other way round we would be screaming for the pen eh.

Wrong.

If a foul starts outside the box and continues inside, a penalty is the correct decision.

Regardless of the rules, the fact that there is so much disagreement on here about whether it was inside or outside the box when looking at a video replay suggests to me that you have to give the referee the benefit of the doubt when watching it in realtime. He may have got it right, he may have got it wrong but I don't blame him for giving it.
Anyway, if he hadn't we wouldn't have got to see that amusing penalty attempt! I wonder if the ball has come down yet?

Regardless of the rules, the fact that there is so much disagreement on here about whether it was inside or outside the box when looking at a video replay suggests to me that you have to give the referee the benefit of the doubt when watching it in realtime. He may have got it right, he may have got it wrong but I don't blame him for giving it.
Anyway, if he hadn't we wouldn't have got to see that amusing penalty attempt! I wonder if the ball has come down yet?

He did get it right.

It was an easy call for him. He fouled him outside the box, he fouled and pulled his shirt inside the box and the linesman was flagging as well. I was expecting a yellow card too.

He did get it right.

It was an easy call for him. He fouled him outside the box, he fouled and pulled his shirt inside the box and the linesman was flagging as well. I was expecting a yellow card too.
That's how I saw it, it began with a bit of niggly pathetic stuff outside the box which most refs let go, but when it continued and worsened inside the box, the ref had quite an easy decision to make. Never a sending off, but I also expected a yellow.

Now I'm off to lie down, defending a ref? Whatever next???!

Back