• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend v Oldham

I dont think Macca is one of Tillys favourites, he has had quite a few games on the bench in his southend career but generally when hes fit he does play. With regards to Sawyer the guy is class and until he starts we wont be able to see this. I wonder if he is still paying the price for the penalty he gave away at Walsall which would seem very unfair as our defence has made far more worse errors this season.
I agree at home we only need one "holding" player and would like to see Laurent or Scannel on the right with Grant and Macca in the middle. Still think long term if we could get Sawyer on a permanent, him and Granty would be a quality centre midfield partnership.

Why am I struggling to see Grant as the major player some of you seem to think? Sure he's had some fantastic games but he's had some terrible ones too, and the most memorable thing about him is his Drogbaesque diving.

Well sooner or later Tilly will work out that four central midfielders is not the way foward. The reason sawyer cant last 90 minutes is because you need games to be able to attain that level of fitness coupled with the fact the he runs more than anyone else on the pitch and shows the enthusiasm of a 19 year old. He is very much like an enthusiastic puppy , a very talented puppy and one which needs to be shown the right time to go and the right time to stay or he will continue to burn out.

I have seen so many players with half his ability pull on the shirt and i hope that he gets his chance because barnard and o'donovan will score goals with service and grant mccormack and jcf are not great providers. Mousse on the other hand will create.

Just think the side looks very unbalanced at the mo and if we manage to get a couple of goals to the good tomorrow or with 20 minutes to go its evenly balanced the sawyer should be considered.

With regards to Sawyer the guy is class and until he starts we wont be able to see this. I wonder if he is still paying the price for the penalty he gave away at Walsall which would seem very unfair as our defence has made far more worse errors this season.

Have said exactly the same thing myself. Tilly is doing a wonderful job at SUFC but I do feel at times that once a certain player makes a mistake that's it as far as he is concerned.
Tilly never seemed to forgive Sodje for the faux pas that he made in the game against Col U. From that moment on his Southend career was as good as over. At the moment it looks like Tilly feels the same way about Asbo as he did about Efe after that game.

Just think the side looks very unbalanced at the mo and if we manage to get a couple of goals to the good tomorrow or with 20 minutes to go its evenly balanced the sawyer should be considered.

This won't happen though. If the game is evenly balanced Sawyer won't be introduced in the fact that Tilly will be too scared to lose the game. The only time Sawyer has got real minutes on the pitch this season when it has mattered was against Walsall, and although he gave away the penalty, it was no coincidence that we came from 1-0 down to 2-1 when he was introduced.

Erm Mark Gower was great going forward , but couldn't defend for ****, but because he scored and created this was over looked. I believe Sawyer is in the same mould and needs to start getting minutes on the pitch.

Sorry should have made it clear I meant central midfielder.

Tilly never seemed to forgive Sodje for the faux pas that he made in the game against Col U. From that moment on his Southend career was as good as over. At the moment it looks like Tilly feels the same way about Asbo as he did about Efe after that game.

Hmmm Sodje was dodgy for the later part of that season stemming from the nightmare he had at Norwich on boxing day.

Im going to use my amazing powers of deduction to read Tilsons mind.

Todays side will be

Mildy
Sankofa
Francis
Friend
Grant
Macca
JFC
Moussa
Barney
Roy

Joyce
Dougie
O Keefe
Sawyer
Herd
Laurent

Who believes in me..............

Todays side will be

Mildy
Sankofa
Francis
Friend
Grant
Macca
JFC
Moussa
Barney
Roy

Joyce
Dougie
O Keefe
Sawyer
Herd
Laurent

Not me... I know Tilly can be a bit crazy, but to only play 10 players, only 3 being defenders, is a step too far.

Todays side will be

Mildy
Sankofa
Francis
Friend
Grant
Macca
JFC
Moussa
Barney
Roy

Joyce
Dougie
O Keefe
Sawyer
Herd
Laurent

Is Barrett not playing, have I missed something?

Not me... I know Tilly can be a bit crazy, but to only play 10 players, only 3 being defenders, is a step too far.

Your right,we should play the skipper after all he was our man of the match at Brighton!
We also need the Scanell to come on and win he game for us.
qle,ole,ole,ole, Scannnell, Scannell.

Mildy
Francis M'Voto Barrett Friend
Grant Sawyer JFC Moussa
Barney Roy

Joyce, Sanfora, Dougie, O'Keefe, Macca, Herd, Laurent

Back