• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Next game is on Tuesday - perhaps it is good that to have a game come along so quickly.

Good to see Wordsworth back in contention and it will be interesting to see if the club tries to get Demy's red card over turned.

I suspect Browny boy will go for the same starting XI.

Wouldn't it be great to see Ranger back on the bench although I understand that is a couple of weeks away still.

Assuming Demetriou's sending off stands, I think we could see...

Oxley,
White, Inniss, Barrett, Thompson, Coker,
McGlashan, Leonard, Atkinson, McLaughlin,
Cox

Possibly Ferdinand rather than Inniss. Can't see Wordsworth playing if we have McLaughlin and McGlashan starting. Personally, I think the formation is a complete mess and was lucky against Millwall but Phil seems to like it.

Will be interesting to see the crowd, wouldn't be surprised to see under 6,000.

I wouldn't think he will go for same X1, when you lose 4-0, I would expect him to change the back 3, think Inniss & Ferdinand will come in alongside Barrett, in same formations & we will look stronger at the back, as Innis is built like a wall & if I was a league 1 forward, I wouldn't fancy messing him around! With experienced of Fredinand & Barrett on left & right side. Wordsworth (touch wood) come in & be our key midfielder going forward.

I wouldn't think he will go for same X1, when you lose 4-0, I would expect him to change the back 3, think Inniss & Ferdinand will come in alongside Barrett, in same formations & we will look stronger at the back, as Innis is built like a wall & if I was a league 1 forward, I wouldn't fancy messing him around! With experienced of Fredinand & Barrett on left & right side. Wordsworth (touch wood) come in & be our key midfielder going forward.
Think Barrett lacks the pace to play anywhere but centrally in a back three, and would be surprised to see Ferdinand and Barrett start together given the lack of pace and whilst Inniss is strong he doesn't seem blessed with pace. Would expect Ferdinand to replace Barrett but then Phil says he took Adam was taken off yesterday with Tuesday in mind... Who knows what's going on inside his head!

I can't see Ranger being risked until the Orient cup game. If we accept that Adam Barrett was withdrawn with Tuesday in mind then the chances of Ferdinand and Inniss starting are unlikely, but one of them may play, probably Inniss for his height.

As for Demitriou, he got a red and little chance of it being overturned so I doubt the club will appeal. Wordsworth will play a part but not start. Biggest problem for me is which keeper to start with. I don't have an answer to that one.

It's tough one to call in terms of the result, and the majority will predict a defeat for us. In fact, this is almost a carbon copy of the atmosphere on SZ pre Millwall. I'm going for a comfortable home win to Southend 1-0 with Wordsworth grabbing the winner from the bench..........................I'm also listening to the voices in my head again, they worked last time.

Oxley,
Cox

Possibly Ferdinand rather than Inniss. Can't see Wordsworth playing if we have McLaughlin and McGlashan starting. Personally, I think the formation is a complete mess and was lucky against Millwall but Phil seems to like it.

Yeah, that'd be far toomuch attacking intent at home for Phil. And yes, I agree. As does Graham Coughlan it would appear.

Just to add to yesterdays woes, Wordsworth was limping far a while after getting caught by one of our players when they both went for the same loose ball.

The secret to us winning this season seems to be based on how much of a meltdown there is on SZ, so I'm going for a 2-0 win, Mooney and McGlashan to score.

I think PB will be wanting to get Anton and Inniss involved; one will start and one will be subbed on for last 30 minutes.
I expect Atko to give way to WW in midfield.
It is a choice between Cox and Mooney, maybe Cox will get the nod as although Mooney worked hard on Saturday he never got anywhere close to an attempt on goal where as Cox might be more tempted to have a shot.

The secret to us winning this season seems to be based on how much of a meltdown there is on SZ, so I'm going for a 2-0 win, Mooney and McGlashan to score.

You obviously hear the same voices in your head that I do, good man!

I'd go for :

Ted

White Innis Barrett coker

McLaughlin wordsworth leonard mcglashan

Cox mooney

Better to go for goals and actually try to take the game to the opposition for a change.

Oxford will probably bring around 500 odd in a crowd of 6k.

Prediction a 2-1 defeat

^
Good side, that.

4-4-2 is the way ahead. 5-3-2 works if your two wing-backs are quick going forward, which neither White nor Coker are.

Definitely fancy us to win, though, but praying we get the first goal, otherwise the pressure might be too much.

Think the crowd might even dip below 5k for this one. 0-2 defeat.

Mooney over Cox every time .

Oxley,
Cox

Mc Glashen, Wordsworth and Mc Laughlin, the most unlikely midfielders capable of defending in the league, good luck Lenny!

Oxley,
Cox

There's no way we'll see Cox as a lone striker again after Fleetwood (at least I hope not). I wouldn't be surprised to see that team, but with Mooney as the striker. It would make much more sense (for me at least) if Inness was the central man in the back three, with Thompson and Barrett either side.

Back