• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Smiffy

¡Viva la Aussielución! 🇦🇺 🦘 ⭐️
Staff member
What a battle this should prove to be.

1st v 4th.

The two best defences in League Two go head to head. With us undefeated in 6 at The hall.

Oxford on the road have been a bit up and down - P8 W4 D1 L3 F8 A7. But you only have to look at their goals For and Against to realise that they are a bloody tough nut to crack. Only Morecambe have conceeded less goals than them on the road so far.

Oxford are 3rd in the form table (last 8 games) just behind Creepy and us of course. P8 W5 D2 L1 F15 A5. Which further emphasises what a tough game this could be.

They also have the best 1st half record in League Two. Of the 16 games played, they have gone in for their half-time oranges leading in 12 of them. Drawing in 2 and losing in 2. So clearly very strong out of the blocks. On the other hand they are not so strong in the 2nd half. Winning 3, drawing 8 and losing 5. Only Plymouth and Dagenham have performed worse in the 2nd half so far this season. So perhaps something we can take advantage of, as the game goes on...

Top scorer is James Constable with 7.

So, how do you see this one going?

Tough game but I'm pretty confident. Constable is a good player and they brought in two or three other signings in the Summer with mixed success. Hall going back to West Ham is a massive blow for them though.

This is a real test of how far we've come. Oxford are a decent side who will be in the top six at the end of the season and will bring a good following to Roots Hall as they almost always do. They'll be confident and will have the form to back it up so I'd expect them to play for a win. The run has to come to an end but I don't think it'll be here though as I'm sure Sturrock will have the players fired up from the start.

Southend 3-0 Oxford
Dickinson pen
Hall
Phillips
Att: 7,985

It will be another game where before the game everyone is saying, this one is going to be quite tough, and then we will turn them over and remain top of the league.

I predict this will happen a lot of the time this season, and because we are Southend fans and we know it usually isn't as easy as that we will forget to enjoy the season...(haha, joking, I'm enjoying every second)

:smile:

Barmy Army!

Their away form looks ok, but if you note that they lost their last away game at Gills and Drew at Macc, and they have played Daggers, Barnet and Hereford away it doesn't hold up quite as well

They will probably come set up to contain us , men behind the ball and hope that Constable can snatch one, with the
heavy rain forecast all day it could well be a drab affair decided by mistakes

I'll go for 2 0 , one goal after 25-30 mins and the 2nd in the last 5

Theyre miserly and so are we so could be a drab game. Interesting stat that Chris Phillips said we have only won 2 out of our last 20 odd games in November. Strange, shouldnt think that will continue this month.
Constable and Leven their best players. Would like to see Hall continue up front, fancy his pace and trickery up against Duberry.

A tough one this. two decent defences to cancel each other out, but our goals for come from all over the park, so 1 0 blues Gibert with the goal.

I can see this being a 2-2 draw. Oxford are a good team and in a good bit of form like us. I can seen it being very tense in the 1st half, I just hope we play our game rather than trying to stop there's.

Hoping for a 8k corwd.

Back