• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

If you don't win on Saturday you are in real trouble. Been following the Town for nearly 40 years now and this team shambles are some of the most depressing to represent the Club, and we had some real gargabe under Jake King and Kevin Ratcliffe. I think Paul Hurst's first job will be to introduce the players to each other.

This thread from Blue and Amber sums up the feelings of most Town fans.

http://blueandamber.proboards.com/thread/93731/caption-competition

Feel sorry for you, I mean, living in Basildon. :winking:

Very true. This is a big game for the Brown outers if we win they could be on for a long winter. Traditionally November is the worse month for them as we never seem to loose.
Sneer all you want. I can only guess you weren't at the Fleetwood game, where we put in one of the most gutless, lethargic displays I've ever witnessed at RH. Bearing in mind the much-respected Karl Robinson got the boot at MK after their display in Saturday's game, Brown is very lucky to still be in a job after that shambles a few weeks ago. I just hope our recent improved form can continue, and if it doesn't, he doesn't panic and make the sort of drastic changes that got us into this mess in the first place.

Sneer all you want. I can only guess you weren't at the Fleetwood game, where we put in one of the most gutless, lethargic displays I've ever witnessed at RH. Bearing in mind the much-respected Karl Robinson got the boot at MK after their display in Saturday's game, Brown is very lucky to still be in a job after that shambles a few weeks ago. I just hope our recent improved form can continue, and if it doesn't, he doesn't panic and make the sort of drastic changes that got us into this mess in the first place.

Good job the Chairman knows a bit more than you then.

You have my sympathy BasildonShrew - it is not nice being at the bottom of the table but someone has to be there. And it has been quite a yo-yo time for your club over the last few years with relegations and promotions.

A new manager and a new start can sometimes galvanise players .......... I just hope that after Saturday we have the three points and the Shrews are saying "at least we are playing better".

Thanks. We are where we deserve to be. In a funny way it would almost be worse if there was a massive improvement on Saturday. I would have to question the ayers attitudes even more.

Bloody West Ham United fans coming on the Zone pretending to be a Salop fan. Fibbing about not working in Southend. Correct with that comment . --- probably turns up and doesn't work more like .
come on you know own I have enough problems in life working with you without the insult of being a wet Sham fan. :smile:

Thanks. We are where we deserve to be. In a funny way it would almost be worse if there was a massive improvement on Saturday. I would have to question the ayers attitudes even more.

Do you think Deegan will play on Saturday BasildonShrew?

A lot of shrimpers would say that Deegan is just the type of player that you want in a relegation battle, do yo agree?

Anybody know if the Shrimpers bar is doing any deals before the game? ..Sorry to go a little off topic but need to sort out a meeting place for some fellow Shrimpers

Anybody know if the Shrimpers bar is doing any deals before the game? ..Sorry to go a little off topic but need to sort out a meeting place for some fellow Shrimpers
Don't know of any deals but we've always got the guest ale on and we've had a refurb in there and got new TVs - it's a lot more pleasant! I doubt there'll be too many away supporters for this one either.

Do you think Deegan will play on Saturday BasildonShrew?

A lot of shrimpers would say that Deegan is just the type of player that you want in a relegation battle, do yo agree?

You do need someone to put their foot in. I quite like what I see of Gary Deegan, the part I don't like is both him and Ian Black appear to be brain dead at times with the challenges. I have no problem with a player picking up bookings for fouls, really easy to get in the modern game. The problem I do have is players throwing themselves into stupid lunges when there is no need to at all. Numerous bookinsg for both players havebeen totally avoidable.

We need to play a settled side when you are forever having players sent off and suspended on bookings you can't get any stability.

Back