• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend v West Ham X1 23rd July

This is going to be complicated by the Maidstone cancellation.
Don't be surprised if there is now a need to have a better (longer) look at the potential loanees. Meaning quite possibly less/no game time for Murphy, Rush and a couple others.
Or PB wont be ready to make a sensible decision Mon..

I actually have tickets to go to Roots Hall and watch a Southend United football match. Insane to think last time it was Feb 2020.

Don't be surprised if there is now a need to have a better (longer) look at the potential loanees. Meaning quite possibly less/no game time for Murphy, Rush and a couple others.

Murphy will be starting against West Ham so Brown says

Yes thats not good is it. Id like to see pre season being used to form partnerships and developing an understanding with the players that are more then likely going to be 1st team regulars.

I'm going to get mine before kick-off, is it seat where you like?

They should of opened the West for this fixture, getting back into a football ground is an extra incentive for people to go, now it could be all squeezed into the East

Lets hope they open the South Upper , so that all those who turn up at the ground at 7.40 pm expecting to just get in time for kick off can be herded round to there rather than cause total chaos trying to find seats in the East whilst the rest of us are trying to watch the match

Cant believe the club havent made a big thing about the 7PM kick off ...... NOT 7.45!

Lets hope they open the South Upper , so that all those who turn up at the ground at 7.40 pm expecting to just get in time for kick off can be herded round to there rather than cause total chaos trying to find seats in the East whilst the rest of us are trying to watch the match

Cant believe the club havent made a big thing about the 7PM kick off ...... NOT 7.45!

Maybe it's just me but I don't really get your point.
The game is listed as 7pm why do the club have to make a 'big thing' ?
If I buy a theatre or cinema ticket then I check the time it starts

A few people knocking the opposition must have forgotten when a few of their youth players tore us apart in the checkatrade trophy. We are even further down the pyramid now. Won't be as easy or pointless as some think.

We also can't forget, it's a preseason game. It doesn't mean we'll smash the league if we win but also doesn't mean we'll be relegated if we lose. All about fitness and getting match sharp.

Maybe it's just me but I don't really get your point.
The game is listed as 7pm why do the club have to make a 'big thing' ?
If I buy a theatre or cinema ticket then I check the time it starts
I disagree. The least the club could have done was hire a small plane from Southend Airport with a banner in tow and fly round the town for a couple of days.

It seems silly to just open the east. I'm. Sure it will be quite busy in just the one stand.

They are asking for masks to be worn around the ground and then take off in your seat. Fair enough, but not if we are packed in like sardines.

I didn't realise it was a 7pm KO until I saw a tweet earlier.

Most people will assume the generic 7.45pm KO time.

A few people knocking the opposition must have forgotten when a few of their youth players tore us apart in the checkatrade trophy. We are even further down the pyramid now. Won't be as easy or pointless as some think.

We also can't forget, it's a preseason game. It doesn't mean we'll smash the league if we win but also doesn't mean we'll be relegated if we lose. All about fitness and getting match sharp.
It was also mainly our youth team involved that night if I recall, with the addition of a few pros. Basically much like our squad for most of the start of last season, and you would hope we are in a much better position now.

Your second point is absolutely spot on. Although I hate losing to the scum whatever the occasion.

Back