• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend v West Ham X1 23rd July

We need many pre season games as possible, we have Maidstone on Saturday 24th, so I expect for two matches, players either get 45 minutes each or two different team and players get 90 minutes?

Never understood the 'West Ham fans in our stand' point of view, yet when we play at smaller grounds away in friendlies it's 'we will take over their ground'.

Collected our tickets for Spammers this morning. It was really weird going into the ticket office after so long away. We also popped into the shop, very little left now and they close on Friday ready for Macron to take over. I spoke to the staff and they believe they will be moving across to Macron which was really good to hear for them.

What kind of team are we expecting to play especially as we are playing again the next day? The timing doesn’t make sense to me.

What kind of team are we expecting to play especially as we are playing again the next day? The timing doesn’t make sense to me.
I think Phil Brown has been quoted earlier in the summer saying players will get 90 minutes over the two matches; he prefers a 60 minute-30 minute split rather than 45-45 each day, so if you play an hour on the Friday, you'll play the last half-hour on the Saturday and vice-versa.

Cant really believe we are doing the 2 matches in successive days thing still. What with our history of injuries recently it beggars belief anyone thinks its a good idea to play 2 games without sufficient rest ( or indeed 3 games in 4 1/2 days )

I dont care if it is only 60/30 mins split ... it only takes a moment to get injured after a break ( Tony Currie anyone ?)

Phil Brown needs to look after the players better to avoid yet another deja vu season !

Trying to get tickets for this game but the bloody club phone lines are s**t. Not spending money on holding for hours on end. Anyone got an email address I could contact?

The thing that bugs me about this friendly is all the plastic West Ham fans that turn up thinking they are die hard fans because they have attended 1 friendly on their own Door step and wouldn’t know East Ham from West Ham from Romford.
Just my grip.
All the south east is full of em bloody sheep

Trying to get tickets for this game but the bloody club phone lines are s**t. Not spending money on holding for hours on end. Anyone got an email address I could contact?
One person taking calls I had to go down there and I’m 15 miles away ?

A team that will pass us to death all night, whose football bears no resemblance to what we'll face in the National League, in a game we'll learn nothing from. I can't contain my excitement.

One person taking calls I had to go down there and I’m 15 miles away ?
When I went in to pick our tickets there were two members of staff in the office. One on the phone and one serving. Assuming that the Covid business could have impacted other staff (if there are any) then they are up against it.

A team that will pass us to death all night, whose football bears no resemblance to what we'll face in the National League, in a game we'll learn nothing from. I can't contain my excitement.
Any game which improves fitness and stamina pre-season is going to be worthwhile. It also gives the players a chance to create partnerships and the team to start gelling. You never know, we may have a decent cup run this season and face league opposition.

People moaning they can't get through or they had to drive down.

You can pay on the night. Just come down then.

Just caught half hour of West Ham's friendly at Reading, they won 3-0, very good side, we'll have our work cut out.

Back