• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend v West Ham X1 23rd July

A team that will pass us to death all night, whose football bears no resemblance to what we'll face in the National League, in a game we'll learn nothing from. I can't contain my excitement.
You literally moaned in another thread that we should be playing Premier League or League teams instead of Great Wakering.

Now you are moaning we are playing Premier League U23 team and you're saying it's pointless.

You literally moaned in another thread that we should be playing Premier League or League teams instead of Great Wakering.

Now you are moaning we are playing Premier League U23 team and you're saying it's pointless.
Yes. Our pre-season friendlies should be against League 1, League 2, NL South and at a push step 3 sides. Great Wakering and WH23s don't come in any of those categories.

I had issues getting through on the phone the other day. So I dropped them an email on tickets@southend-united.co.uk and they called me back pretty quickly and all sorted.

Quite efficient considering they must have a huge backlog from when they had to close, and I’m sure a high volume of calls about season tickets and friendlies! We’re often very quick to criticise the ticket office, but the actual people at the coal face are doing a great job.

Yes. Our pre-season friendlies should be against League 1, League 2, NL South and at a push step 3 sides. Great Wakering and WH23s don't come in any of those categories.
Pre season at this stage is about fitness and getting shape & players getting sharper.

Players will do a lot of running (as I expect WHU will have the majority of the ball).

West Ham fixture also entices some locals into Roots Hall who might not normally come.

West Ham U23 is bottom 10 league 1 standard, or an top 7 League 2 level, we are an non league side, I am glad we are playing many games as possible, to help us with match fitness and the players to learn each about other’s better.

In terms of technical ability perhaps but you sling pretty much any Prem u23 side into League One and they'd be relegated by March.

With a proper first team out I would expect us to be very much in the driving seat and it will be a worry if we aren't.

Didnt Harry Kane play for Spurs u23 at Roots Hall a few years ago and bang in a couple of goals .

Really excited to get back to the Hall tonight. Feels like we’ve been away forever.

On to the important stuff, does anyone know if the bars will be open?

Really excited to get back to the Hall tonight. Feels like we’ve been away forever.

On to the important stuff, does anyone know if the bars will be open?
Think the club said they were, Groundsman and the Far Post I think.

Is the West ham game being streamed on YouTube? I know some clubs stream their friendlies online.

Is the West ham game being streamed on YouTube? I know some clubs stream their friendlies online.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA did you? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA you thought ..... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

West Ham would have if it was at there ground, but Southend would never

I don't buy the pre season is all about fitness and getting minutes in. The level of performance is really important and a definite guide to what is coming. Players should be proving their worth and fighting for their places not just running around to get fit. Fingers crossed for some progress this weekend.

Back