• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend v Wycombe playoff match on Sky Sports now

MO for the heads up, last night.

I watched that again. Love it! :Cool::Happy:

Was that a close up of old Ginger Lee just after we scored!?

Last edited:
Seriously, why would you want to (apart from the 122nd minute and the penalties). It was a dire game.

It was good to see old AB and a few others again, I have to say.

It'll get repeated Hypo. SKY are nothing if not repetitive!

MO for the heads up, last night.

I watched that again. Love it! :Cool::Happy:

Was that a close up of old Ginger Lee just after we scored!?

Yes it was. He wasn't going to go due to a family death but was presueded otherwise. The look on his face when we scored was the best moment for me.

Wasn't it just. He looked shellshocked.

Love it and glad he was persuaded to attend. He is and always will be a legend amongst us!

Seriously, why would you want to (apart from the 122nd minute and the penalties). It was a dire game.
Indeed. Although THAT goal made me bounce around like a Springer Spaniel after a dose of Haribo, the game itself was dreadful - two sides cancelling each other out, basically trying not to lose rather than trying to win.

The irony is that my favourite game that season was the 2-2 draw with Wycombe at RH, where both sides went for it. Real end-to-end stuff.

It was worth it just for extra time and the penalties, to see all those Shrimpers at Wembley and watch Johnny White life the trophy :Thumbs up:

Back