• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question; Is it now becoming the norm to block off the front 3 rows of the North Bank, (a) to make life a bit easier for the stewards, and (b) maybe also to deter pitch incursions?

On the Col U tickets thread - I notice that CAP and NEWS implied this may also be the case for that game?

Question; Is it now becoming the norm to block off the front 3 rows of the North Bank, (a) to make life a bit easier for the stewards, and (b) maybe also to deter pitch incursions?

On the Col U tickets thread - I notice that CAP and NEWS implied this may also be the case for that game?

Perhaps it was done for that game as Blackpool protesters have a record for it ?

Anyone closer to Atkinson's clearance off the line have a view on whether it looked to have gone in or not? Was hoping to be able to tell a bit more clearly from the highlights but you can't see.

Anyone closer to Atkinson's clearance off the line have a view on whether it looked to have gone in or not? Was hoping to be able to tell a bit more clearly from the highlights but you can't see.

It definitely did not cross the line.

The highlights, I'm guessing.

It is a concern, though. Especially at home.

Their finishing was poor as well. Could have easily have lost that with the chances they had. We have to improve defending set plays.

Does anyone know attendance they never announced it at the game and to me it looked a good turn out

Just in front of me, absolutely no way, Bentley seemed to get a fingertip to it, Atkinson on the line headed it up on to the bar and it came back down just in front of him and then it was cleared.

How Little ended up with a free header in the middle of the box 8 yards out at a corner is concerning though.

Anyone else wondering why Hurst needed to take an extra touch when their defender kindly put him through on goal?
Confidence?

Just in front of me, absolutely no way, Bentley seemed to get a fingertip to it, Atkinson on the line headed it up on to the bar and it came back down just in front of him and then it was cleared.

How Little ended up with a free header in the middle of the box 8 yards out at a corner is concerning though.

There's a key word in that statement.

Jokes aside that corner came about because Coker passed back to Bentley and needlessly put him under pressure in the wind. I know this might upset the fan club but Coker often appears to be playing for his completion stats. Lots of times yesterday he would rather give a tight pass than clip a safer ball down the line, the Bentley back pass being a good example. If you watch him linking up with Worrall he never looks to cross the ball early. When Worrall knocks a ball back I would love to see a few first time crosses.

If you just see our goal on the TV you might think the keeper should have come for the cross but he stayed on his line because Worrall had nearly caught him out with the wind from a very similar cross some minutes earlier. Proving that just by creating a bit of pressure you can end up with goals.

Apparently it is due to FA instructions after previous pitch incursions by Blackpool fans protesting against Oyston.

Back