• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

How does the linesman even think that's offside?

He's standing between 2 players who are both goal side of him.

Ridiculous. You can often understand when it's fast moving or attacker/defender move in opposite directions, but that was as easy as it gets to call. And he got it wrong.

What on earth Woodyard was thinking when he committed that foul is just beyond me!!!! Dumb as a box of rocks!

It is easy to blame the officials when you lose, that's why I always make a point of slagging them off if they have a bad game and we win!

for the first time ever, I walked away thinking the Lino and ref cheated. I know it doesn't make sense as what would they have to gain? But the offside decision was clearly wrong. Britt wasn't travelling at pace, he was standing there clearly onside and the ball didn't travel far or fast.

But the one that got me was when Leonard (think it was him) was upended in the box near the end. Clear penalty and the ref and Lino had a perfect view!

I sit in the family stand, and although i wasn't directly in line with the 'offside', I knew it wasn't. Normally if it is tight, the first thing I do is look at the Lino. so I do not make a fool of myself by stripping to my underwear and spinning my shirt above my head. But I didn't even look this time, as I had no doubts. Fortunately I saw his flag go up out of the corner of my eye so the shirt stayed on!

Strange to have 2 clear decisions go against the home team!

Britt never offside in a million years and handball by Benson before Woodyards goal. Incompetent ref and 4th official.

Britt never offside in a million years and handball by Benson before Woodyards goal. Incompetent ref and 4th official.

I'm not going to defend the ref (who was not good - nor quite as bad as some were suggesting).

I'm not going to defend Mr Hatzidakis who clearly made a match-defining error.

But the poor 4th official (who is a decent non-league referee), what did he do wrong ??

[[But the one that got me was when Leonard (think it was him) was upended in the box near the end. Clear penalty and the ref and Lino had a perfect view! /QUOTE]
i sit in south lower....I was no more than 20 feet away

Sorry to say this but Leonard dived......

i would have taken it if he had given it.....

I'm not going to defend the ref (who was not good - nor quite as bad as some were suggesting).

I'm not going to defend Mr Hatzidakis who clearly made a match-defining error.

But the poor 4th official (who is a decent non-league referee), what did he do wrong ??

Feck knows why I even typed that lol

I am sorry, but that is the worst offside decision I have seen in 25 years, and at a time when we were on top, which would of made it 2-1 with 35 minutes left. Probably cost us a point, if not all 3.

That lino should be packed off to the Ryman league until he learns the laws. Britt was at least a yard on side, and not even moving when the ball was played in by Reeves.

Terrible.

[[But the one that got me was when Leonard (think it was him) was upended in the box near the end. Clear penalty and the ref and Lino had a perfect view! /QUOTE]
i sit in south lower....I was no more than 20 feet away

Sorry to say this but Leonard dived......

i would have taken it if he had given it.....

If you sit in the south lower then you were a bit closer than me but I saw it from a different angle. From our side it was definitely a foul. Anyone else?

It is easy to blame the officials when you lose, that's why I always make a point of slagging them off if they have a bad game and we win!

for the first time ever, I walked away thinking the Lino and ref cheated. I know it doesn't make sense as what would they have to gain? But the offside decision was clearly wrong. Britt wasn't travelling at pace, he was standing there clearly onside and the ball didn't travel far or fast.

But the one that got me was when Leonard (think it was him) was upended in the box near the end. Clear penalty and the ref and Lino had a perfect view!

I sit in the family stand, and although i wasn't directly in line with the 'offside', I knew it wasn't. Normally if it is tight, the first thing I do is look at the Lino. so I do not make a fool of myself by stripping to my underwear and spinning my shirt above my head. But I didn't even look this time, as I had no doubts. Fortunately I saw his flag go up out of the corner of my eye so the shirt stayed on!

Strange to have 2 clear decisions go against the home team!

have to agree with you, I am in the west family stand too and felt cheated too. Britt was well onside and I was in the same line as lino so how could he give it. Leonard was also chopped down big time, he even looked to the South Upper with arms out in dissbelief. Many other decisions if we got fouled it was play on but everything else was free kick to them.

Is anything every done about shocking decisions as see it week after week ? If not suppose we have to have every game decided by incompetent fools in the middle.

Back