• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend wages

I stopped as soon as I saw Akinola on £600....stick a 1 in front of that and maybe your near the truth - if we were paying people that low no wonder they didnt perform! lol
If we were paying players so little and are in the financial mess we're in, somebody's on the take big time!

Considering Ron Martin has already said what Mark Oxley is earning, it's easy to tell that this site is rubbish.

Empirical evidence strongly suggests that a statement from Ron Martin is no guarantee of accuracy.

Last edited:
I’m pretty sure Oxley’s contract made him the best paid keeper in League One at the time, which would’ve definitely been more than £1,900. I’m also fairly sure it was rumoured that Demi was on £3,500 a week. Unless relegation clauses have cut some sizeable chunks off their salaries.

No chance!! absolute garbage! No players in league 2 except maybe a handful earn 3000k a week most dont even earn those salaries in league 1

No chance!! absolute garbage! No players in league 2 except maybe a handful earn 3000k a week most dont even earn those salaries in league 1

£4000 in league 1 with a manager with his eyes on promotion to the championship....then an unexpected relegation and a 25% relegation clause and bingo...there’s your £3000 in league 2.

But hey ho.....Shrimpet Steve probably knows best

£4000 in league 1 with a manager with his eyes on promotion to the championship....then an unexpected relegation and a 25% relegation clause and bingo...there’s your £3000 in league 2.

But hey ho.....Shrimpet Steve probably knows best
Correct

Back