• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southend want Henrik Larsson as manager (Daily Mail)

Out of interest why do most here think Barrett is the saviour when he has even less Managerial experience than Larsson?

I don't think either will necessarily be bad appointments I just think that in our current situation we need a manager with more experience.

No I don't see Larsson as the answer either.

Some of you have forgotten that the Mail likes to scare grey haired middle England over breakfast.....So smile and get back to work......Besides he would just be another bloody immigrant stealing a local job and blocking the NHS. Oh and while I'm at it what about.........

I do hope this is a tongue-in- cheek remark and not an expression of anti-immigration views (which is what it sounds like)?

I do hope this is a tongue-in- cheek remark and not an expression of anti-immigration views (which is what it
sounds like)?

I hope your just trying to gain attention like you were last night, in fact for the last 6 weeks and not an out of touch, humourless, virtue signaler (which is what it sounds like)?

:Winking:.....Just in case anyone gets upset.

Out of interest why do most here think Barrett is the saviour when he has even less Managerial experience than Larsson?

I don't think either will necessarily be bad appointments I just think that in our current situation we need a manager with more experience.

I don’t think the squad is terrible. We’ve got a capable squad completely underperforming. We need a younger manager with fresh ideas, good coaching, motivational skills and someone who will get these lads committed, giving 100% and running through walls for the shirt.

Bond wasn’t capable of any of that. Larsson probably didn’t even know Southend existed before this. I was unsure about Barrett to start with but the longer time has gone on, the more I think he’s everything this clubs needs at the moment. He’ll be good for the players and lift the fans.

A former defender, solid, no nonsense, he could really get us tightening up which we’re in desperate need of.

Are you suggesting that was Bobby Moore's fault ? I hope not because he was in no way to blame for how close the club came to folding.
No ...no blame on BM and remember fans thought we had struck gold when he was appointed...... just stating that a great footballer doesn't automatically transform or motivate a poor side .

No inside information whatsoever but I don't think it is Ron's style to appoint without being convinced it is right, he has done a fair bit of due diligence on his post Tilly appointments.
- Brown was his 1st choice to take over from Tilly but at the time was not interested. Took the opportunity when replacing Sturrock.
- Sturrock I have heard had a list of players he had already checked would come and impressed Ron with his plan in what was a turbulent time and needed someone who could take the bull by the horns.
- Powell had been on Ron's Radar for a while. Was impressed with how he conducted himself when he turned us down when we tried to bring him back as a player. Followed his managerial career with interest.
- Bond was sold to Ron by Harry Redknapp as caretaker, then obviously the survival of the club in league one led to his permanent appointment.

I'd guess that Larsson has been put forward by his agent for the job and the story has been leaked. Whether Ron will entertain interviewing him or not and putting him on the shortlist who knows?

Bond was sold to Ron by Harry Redknapp as caretaker, then obviously the survival of the club in league one led to his permanent appointment.

I've been trying to get my head around the whole Bond appointment, trying to put little pieces of info together, and I've come to the conclusion that I reckon that Ron approached Redknapp to take the last few games of the season knowing that more than likely he'd keep us up and get us a load of publicity in the meantime. That would then give Ron time to find someone before the summer to be our long term appointment and then Redknapp would step aside and go back to being a celebrity. Obviously he then put a spanner in the works by saying no, but no doubt recommended his mate knowing that he wanted to get back into management and that he would hang around to be his shoulder to lean on. The biggest problem with all of it was that Ron then felt obliged to give Bond the job full time as we stayed up.

I've been trying to get my head around the whole Bond appointment, trying to put little pieces of info together, and I've come to the conclusion that I reckon that Ron approached Redknapp to take the last few games of the season knowing that more than likely he'd keep us up and get us a load of publicity in the meantime. That would then give Ron time to find someone before the summer to be our long term appointment and then Redknapp would step aside and go back to being a celebrity. Obviously he then put a spanner in the works by saying no, but no doubt recommended his mate knowing that he wanted to get back into management and that he would hang around to be his shoulder to lean on. The biggest problem with all of it was that Ron then felt obliged to give Bond the job full time as we stayed up.

Sounds feasible

Not for me. How come Theo starts scoring goals when he's away from us? Something is not right at the Hall at he moment. Very worrying times.

You mean the same Theo Robinson who missed an open goal, from 4 yards out against Blackpool, and the same Theo Robinson who you wouldn’t back to control a bag of sand.

I’d say he’s scoring becuase he’s now playing at a lower level.

I agree totally that something is vastly wrong within the club, however.

You mean the same Theo Robinson who missed an open goal, from 4 yards out against Blackpool, and the same Theo Robinson who you wouldn’t back to control a bag of sand.

I’d say he’s scoring becuase he’s now playing at a lower level.

I agree totally that something is vastly wrong within the club, however.
Yeah, we keep losing!

Back