• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Would have been a great siging at this level - where did you find that news?

Can clearly see the type of striker Sturrock is looking for - McLeod, Hammond, Hawley - all pacey, powerful front runners...

definitely one season wonder IMO. Has done nothing in the past 3 years.

8 goals in the last 3 years. He had one good season but now I'm not so sure he's better than what's already here.

When you say bid . do you mean actually offered a fee?

Maybe Ron should be paying back the money he owes to fans and past management before bidding on new players

When you say bid . do you mean actually offered a fee?

Maybe Ron should be paying back the money he owes to fans and past management before bidding on new players

Maybe he should, maybe it was a loan bid, maybe you should wait to find out before jumping in?

So Sturrock is giving it the big un about looking for a big bustling striker with a bit of pace + running strength to get behind their defence...... but obviously not one with Ginger hair 1st name Harry !!!!

Young Crawford is as keen as mustard , 6foot 1 , premiership team upbringing , u-19 international striker , goal every other game record , committed enough to sign a 2 year deal when every other sod was leaving a sinking ship , and more important that that , he actually does look the part --- he is stronger than every other striker in our squad with the exception of Corr , is quicker than the others bar spencer , + is already ours !!! So why the hell does Sturrock want to get ANOTHER striker in at no doubt great expense ? Gawd knows how much Izzy "Rickets" McLeod would have cost in wages compared to cheap as chips Crawford. It's just crackers !! ( sorry could nt resist )

Oi ! Sturrock ! Give him a chance -- against Gills would be ideal -- then if he fails then ship him out on loan if you must , but give him a go 1st for goodness sake !

Rant over ( for now )

So Sturrock is giving it the big un about looking for a big bustling striker with a bit of pace + running strength to get behind their defence...... but obviously not one with Ginger hair 1st name Harry !!!!

Young Crawford is as keen as mustard , 6foot 1 , premiership team upbringing , u-19 international striker , goal every other game record , committed enough to sign a 2 year deal when every other sod was leaving a sinking ship , and more important that that , he actually does look the part --- he is stronger than every other striker in our squad with the exception of Corr , is quicker than the others bar spencer , + is already ours !!! So why the hell does Sturrock want to get ANOTHER striker in at no doubt great expense ? Gawd knows how much Izzy "Rickets" McLeod would have cost in wages compared to cheap as chips Crawford. It's just crackers !! ( sorry could nt resist )

Oi ! Sturrock ! Give him a chance -- against Gills would be ideal -- then if he fails then ship him out on loan if you must , but give him a go 1st for goodness sake !

Rant over ( for now )

Sturrock is after a proven goal scorer mate!
I agree that Crawford is a great prospect, but he is too young!

RAY Trew today revealed Notts County have rejected loan bids from a Scottish club and a League Two club for out-of-favour striker Karl Hawley.
Hawley, 28, has struggled to make an impact at Meadow Lane since joining on a three-year deal from Preston North End last August.
He scored three goals in 31 league games as Notts won the League Two title last season.
He was not even named in the Notts' squad for their first two league games of this season against Huddersfield and Oldham, and was an unused substitute in their win at Plymouth in the first round of the Carling Cup.

Hawley was drafted into their squad against Dagenham because Lee Hughes was sidelined with a groin injury, but did not play against Watford on Tuesday.
Trew said: "We've had two clubs come in who want to take him on loan.
"We have not discussed it with him. We received the approaches, spoke to manager Craig Short and decided not to let him go at this stage."
Hawley was the leading scorer in League Two four years ago, firing Carlisle United to the title with 22 goals.
He netted 12 times in League One in 2006/07, before joining Preston in the Championship.
"He is probably one of our best players in training but in my opinion he doesn't perform on match-days, which is a huge disappointment, especially because we know he has done it at this level before," added Trew.
"I don't know what has gone wrong with him. If he could show the form he did at Carlisle and could get us 15 goals we'd be very happy."

Crawford could hit teh ground running seeing as he is so up for it and eager to prove , reminds me of a young lad that hit the ground running in our League one winning season , yes he proved to be not good enough in the end but his goals in that little period was invaluable for our points tally and confidence , I say at least give him a go Sturrock . But then again he hasn't a Goater type character alongside him to show him the ropes !

Says in today's Echo that the first cheques will be sent out by tomorrow and in alphabetical order...

:goodun:

This was posted on the 19TH August

19-08-2010 03:41 PM #2 Shrimper Sal

Asked at the ticket office today and was told cheques were all being handwritten and sent out yesterday and today! Will await and see!!

Rant over ( for now )
Crawford is 6 foot 1? More like 5 10 I would have thought, maybe less. I like your thought about giving him a chance and agree give him a run out against the Gills if he's still around but I don't think he's the answer to our problems. Good prospect, good squad player possibly, but not what's gonna get us out of this league.

never posted before but been reading posts on here for about 4 months.sturrock seems to want a striker with pace,a bit of power someone that wont be pushed off the ball by the league 2 bullys.the freebies are either not good enough or allready snapped up.this leaves us with the loan option.with a loan it sometimes doesnt work out because they dont fit into to the team or the surroundings etc,but i can think of a perfect player that should tick EVERY single box of sturrocks that knows the area and the club inside out.it just depends on whether his club will release him and if sturrock knows of him.enter michael ngoo at liverpool.i grew up a liverpool fan been going to sufc games for about 9 years now and sufc is defo in my heart being my local club.although i do subscribe to lfc tv online.this enables me to watch reserve and under 18 highlights.this monster is playing way below hes level and he could potentially play against league 2 sides in my opinion.ive seen him bully every single defence hes come up against.he scores with both feet hes head.from 6 yards or 25.hes a true talent.and for those questioning our academy and its worth the other day just please check this lad out.also anyone that does have contacts or goes down the training ground have a word in mr sturrocks ear....it could be a waste of time or so could he but im sure he wouldnt dissapoint

never posted before but been reading posts on here for about 4 months.sturrock seems to want a striker with pace,a bit of power someone that wont be pushed off the ball by the league 2 bullys.the freebies are either not good enough or allready snapped up.this leaves us with the loan option.with a loan it sometimes doesnt work out because they dont fit into to the team or the surroundings etc,but i can think of a perfect player that should tick EVERY single box of sturrocks that knows the area and the club inside out.it just depends on whether his club will release him and if sturrock knows of him.enter michael ngoo at liverpool.i grew up a liverpool fan been going to sufc games for about 9 years now and sufc is defo in my heart being my local club.although i do subscribe to lfc tv online.this enables me to watch reserve and under 18 highlights.this monster is playing way below hes level and he could potentially play against league 2 sides in my opinion.ive seen him bully every single defence hes come up against.he scores with both feet hes head.from 6 yards or 25.hes a true talent.and for those questioning our academy and its worth the other day just please check this lad out.also anyone that does have contacts or goes down the training ground have a word in mr sturrocks ear....it could be a waste of time or so could he but im sure he wouldnt dissapoint

We sold Michael Ngoo to Liverpool for a small fee that becomes £250,000 if he plays for the first team.

Back