• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

pickledseal

cowboy
As mentioned on here, I'm not a great fan of Amess (see 1 and 2 for starters!).

Additionally a friend of mine is running as the Labour candidate....
Tom Flynn
His Blog

It's his first time as candidate and has been given a relatively tough seat to contest. Only downside is he is a West Ham fan!

I'll be keeping a keen eye on the seat....

Last edited:
If anyone is going to take Amess out (other than a trained sniper of course) then its going to be the Lib Dems. They have come close on more than one occasion but Labour have always come a poor third over the years.

Saying that, fighting a safe seat like Southend West will be good for the soul of your mate and if he puts in a good show then is likely to get another shot at a more winnable seat in the future.

If anyone is going to take Amess out (other than a trained sniper of course) then its going to be the Lib Dems. They have come close on more than one occasion but Labour have always come a poor third over the years.

Saying that, fighting a safe seat like Southend West will be good for the soul of your mate and if he puts in a good show then is likely to get another shot at a more winnable seat in the future.

I think that is the plan, he is a good young candidate and I'm quite sure in a few years time he'll be an MP and bloody good one at that!

Good advice, I remember Blair fighting a by election in Beaconsfield or a similar solid Tory seat. His reward was Sedgefield a safe as houses Labour seat.

Looks like he's a on a hiding to nothing but as H says, a good campaign and he could get a much easier fight next time around.

Conservatives 1/50
Lib Dems 10/1
Labour 100/1
UKIP 100/1
BNP 100/1
English Democrats 100/1

Incidentally, I don't know anyone running for Parliament, but a friend of mine is running for my council ward (Brunel in Uxbridge). It'll be odd seeing his name on my ballot paper next month!

I think Labour have already written off Southend judging by their low key attempts at canvassing in the high street.

I have seen Patagonian flute bands and native American percussion acts attract more interest from the Southend public.

I think Labour have already written off Southend judging by their low key attempts at canvassing in the high street.

I have seen Patagonian flute bands and native American percussion acts attract more interest from the Southend public.

They are bloody good though ;) I've got all their CDs...

They are bloody good though ;) I've got all their CDs...

I was entranced by the native American percussionists only to have my illusions shattered when I saw them later in the day wearing civvies and loading their gear into a Transit van.

Back