• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nope, Roche was shot.

Iirc arested whilst on the bench at RH (wolves rings a bell for some reason)
Got something like 18 months on an weapon charge.
Whilst inside attended a funeral and whilst the was shot in the back of the leg.
I think it was that which allowed us to cancel his contract and not the arrest, I vaguely recall something about not being able to terminate it
Later did 8 years for supplying Class A's

Iirc arested whilst on the bench at RH (wolves rings a bell for some reason)
Got something like 18 months on an weapon charge.
Whilst inside attended a funeral and whilst the was shot in the back of the leg.
I think it was that which allowed us to cancel his contract and not the arrest, I vaguely recall something about not being able to terminate it
Later did 8 years for supplying Class A's

I thought he was arrested for shooting or arranging to shoot someone. Having a player arrested in the stands, bet that's a stat not many clubs hold

I thought he was arrested for shooting or arranging to shoot someone.

He was but he didn't shoot anyone. He was subsequently shot and his imprisonment was for drug dealing.

"David Roche - illegal firearm, assault, drug dealing. His is a story worth telling as he was arrested whilst sitting in the East stand at Southend as a player. He pulled a gun out in a nightclub in Newcastle and got into a bit of a tangle with the bouncers. By the time Tyne and Wear police caught up with him he was 'injured' sitting in the stand as Southend played Wolves. He was subsequently convicted. Released under bail he was not allowed to set foot in Newcastle. However for 1 day he was allowed in before his trial to attend a friends funeral. Apart from attending this he went out drinking where some people he probably didn't want to see caught up with him - he was knee capped. On trial he was sentenced to 4 years, Southend sacked him. Since this he did time for some other minor offences. He was sent down for 8 years in 2004 for drug dealing."

A very attacking list lol

MID - Adam Bouzid
FOR - Michael Ricketts
FOR - Nathaniel Jarvis
FOR - Sada N'Diaye
FOR - Yemi Abiodun
MID - Adam Wallace
MID - Luke Nightingale
MID - Michael Kightly
FOR - Charles Ademeno
MID - Peggy Lokando
GK - Clark Masters