• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Zone Update Southend's Greatest Moments

For us young fans, what are the first two clips? Notice that most of the clips happened under Tilson.

That was Stockport and i was lucky enough to be there, here is the list in full.

Promotion V Stockport 86-87
Promotion V Bury 90-91
Play off final V Lincoln 04-05
Promotion V Swansea 05-06
League 1 Champions V Bristol City 05-06
Beating Manchester United 1-0 06-07
Drawing with Chelsea 1-1 08-09

I would love to add Liverpool and Peterborugh to that collection as well

I know a lot of you have already seen this clip that i put together of Southends greatest moments, However its now been updated with Chelsea.

Im still hunting for the Peterborough clip, i have it on VHS but cant get it onto my PC.

I hope you all enjoy it

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=qJhorsv4WDY

That is fantastic, sent a shiver down my spine. Seeing Benjy hit that goal at Bury again brought it all back too. I wouldn't trade following the roller-coaster ride of the Shrimpers for all these years (44) for anything.

I agree plus we need the 1979 Liverpool home game to show what once Roots Hall looked like ... a massive stadium

Anyone work for the BBC on here ??

You could try contacting Philip Bigwood at the BBC - Executive Producer for MOTD, and life long Southend fan (grew up in Hullbridge).

goodluck

I love the first clip where you can see two Southend fan's at the back of the home end celebrating!

The only minor gripe is the quailty of the play-off final highlights its very grainy for me, other than that top work mate!

I love the first clip where you can see two Southend fan's at the back of the home end celebrating!

The only minor gripe is the quailty of the play-off final highlights its very grainy for me, other than that top work mate!

BA i am working on it as we speak, i have better footage and once we have played Chelsea i shall upload

Back