• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Yer Blues

Not Always Sarcastic ⭐
There is a joker on the facebook page saying Cox is on 8k a week. I dont think we have ever paid that much in the 30 years I have been watching.

Any suggestions on who our highest paid player was? Marsh?

Barry Conlon - based on results and efforts, he got paid for doing absolutely nothing .... and even scored against us in a craap game away at Darlo. :sad:

Eastwood and Harris were both on £2k a week (£100k a year). I'm guessing Goater, Freedman, Hunt and possibly Maher would have been on that or wouldn't have been far off that.

As for £8k, that's ridiculous. Brown said the chairman pushed the boat out so I would say £3k a week maximum and I wouldn't be surprised if that's the most we've ever paid a player.

8k a week is over 400k a year, there's no way we are paying Cox that, I'd say 2.5k max.

Seeing as our wage budget is around £1.3m then no, he isn't on 8k

There is a joker on the facebook page saying Cox is on 8k a week. I dont think we have ever paid that much in the 30 years I have been watching.

Any suggestions on who our highest paid player was? Marsh?

Think your probably correct with Marsh being biggest transfer and maybe biggest signing,Whelan loved spending Vic's money.

Marsh possibly, but it was a long time ago so whilst he might have been big money at the time, with inflation etc possibly not higher than some more recent.

I think Barrett was on 3k when he got a new contract in the Championship and Peter Clark might have been on similar, I dont think Cox will be on much more than that, and no way on earth on 8k, thats absurd.

Mr.A.Rowley(manager) was on about 7,000 pds a year(good money then)70s...does that help

Ricketts was on around 5k per week in the championship.

Tbf though he ploughed a great deal of it back into the club on a match day by chewing through copious amounts of burgers whilst injured.

I often wonder how posters on here reckon they know how much players are earning. I'm drawn to the conclusion that they don't, unless the information is in the public domain. If that is correct then their only claim to insider info is that they read it somewhere before the rest of us.

I always have a chuckle at these sort of threads. Obviously its utter rubbish that Cox is on £8,000 per week.

I do know what some of the players earn but would not repeat it on here. What I can tell you is that Charlton offered Novak £2,000 per week more than us, in order to nick him at the last minute.

Unfortunately most of our fans have a Champagne taste but with a beer budget.

With inflation it's got to be Marsh, weird how he got a 'career ending' injury as soon as we got relegated, hence a presumably large insurance payout to both parties, yet played regularly in the Conference soon after! :unsure:

I always have a chuckle at these sort of threads. Obviously its utter rubbish that Cox is on £8,000 per week.

I do know what some of the players earn but would not repeat it on here. What I can tell you is that Charlton offered Novak £2,000 per week more than us, in order to nick him at the last minute.

Unfortunately most of our fans have a Champagne taste but with a beer budget.

Likewise. Think some people overestimate how much money we really do spend on players. We're in League One for a reason.

Back