• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGuTcNLmIXg&list=WL&t=0s&index=137

This was linked in the "Southend Past in Photos" Facebook group. I hope the link works.

Some on here may have been there.

I put this up on the 'Old Photo's of Southend United' thread last year. Page 49 post #732. I wrote this about it as well.

I found this little gem(In colour as well). Sorry It's a defeat, but It's the only footage I can find of a Southend game around that time. The only other video is the players at Roots Hall market in 1966 that I have already put on here.
Anyway, it's the 1966/67 season in Division 4. It's our last away match that season. Southport are going for promotion and finish 2nd and we finish 6th. Southend played in that kit from 1965-67, and then kept the same shirt and shorts for the 1967/68 season, but changed the socks.
Our squad that season was this, for any old timers on here trying to recognise the players.
John Baber Winger
Tony Beanland Wing half
Tony Bentley Full back
Graham Birks Full back
Eddie Firmani Inside forward
Colin Flatt Centre forward
Bobby Haddrick Centre half
Steve Ingle Full back
Alex Lumsden Forward
Frank Matthews Full back
Eddie May Central defender
John McKinven Outside Left