• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spaceballs will return!

palexander

Life President
Mel Brooks is filming a sequel to the original Spaceballs film (parody of Star Wars)...

Brooks himself will again play Yoghurt (Yoda) and it will be out either just before Star Wars III or within a year after.

Cool :-) Loved the first film.

Is that film as bad as the one he made as a spoof of Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves called Robin Hood: Men in Tights?

Nah, its a lot better. Had John Candy (RIP) in it as Barf the Dog (Chewbacca) as well as Rick Moranis as Dark Helmet (Darth Vader) and also Bill Pullman.

Its silly, but well worth watching... IMDB Link

I personally thought Mel Brooks stopped being funny after History of the World Part I... and the amount of times he rehashes the same old gags is criminal.

Never saw History of the World Part II though!

tounge.gif

I'd love a sequel to Blazing Saddles... Gene Wilder is still funny to this day (anyone see him in Will & Grace?!)

[b said:
Quote[/b] (pboreham @ Oct. 07 2004,14:27)]I'd love a sequel to Blazing Saddles... Gene Wilder is still funny to this day (anyone see him in Will & Grace?!)
The first half hour of stir crazy is hilarious.

Especially when Wilder and Prior 'get bad'.

LOTR has already been spoofed though. Wasn't there a book called 'Bored of the Rings'?
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Matt the Shrimp @ Oct. 07 2004,15:39)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Mad Cyril @ Oct. 07 2004,14:54)]Especially when Wilder and Prior 'get bad'.
A top double act.  Always enjoyed "Hear No Evil, See No Evil"...

biggrin.gif
He! He! One of my fave films that... they were both class in SNE,HNE... full frontal of Joan Severance weren't nay bad either!
biggrin.gif

"Are you talking to me?"

"Yea, what are you f**king deaf?"

"Yes, I'm f**king deaf... what - you f**king blind?"

[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 07 2004,15:38)]LOTR has already been spoofed though. Wasn't there a book called 'Bored of the Rings'?
rock.gif
And published by the same people who published Harry Potter if I'm not mistaken....

[b said:
Quote[/b] (glasgowsufc @ Oct. 07 2004,17:24)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (steveh1510 @ Oct. 07 2004,15:38)]LOTR has already been spoofed though. Wasn't there a book called 'Bored of the Rings'?
rock.gif
And published by the same people who published Harry Potter if I'm not mistaken....
I think you mean Barry Trotter which is the parody of Harry Potter who Publisher is by Bloomsbury not Gollancz who publishes Bored of the Rings.

Getmy drift?
rock.gif
wink.gif
laugh.gif

Ahhh spaceballs, what a film. "Use the Schwartz!!!!"

Dave

[b said:
Quote[/b] (perth shrimper @ Oct. 07 2004,15:48)]
[b said:
rock.gif
Yeah it has, but not on film so far.
Napper has got Lord of the Rings I, II and III on well used video tapes. Not the Middle Earth type though.....

Back