• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spanish cycling tour

Tangled up in Blue

Certified Senior Citizen⭐
My wife and I were greatly inconvenienced by the first day of the Spanish tour, starting in Galicia recently.

How about letting motorists know in advance that they're likely to be delayed by a bunch of prima donnas poncing about on bikes? Signs of detours would help too.

Who on earth can find that sort of thing entertaining anyway? (And I've seen the TDLF in Beziers and in Terrassa,which is far more exciting on TV-yawn- than the two minute whizz past in reality).

Last edited:
My wife and I were greatly inconvenienced by the first day of the Spanish tour, starting in Galicia recently.

How about letting motorists know in advance that they're likely to be delayed by a bunch of prima donna's poncing about on bikes? Signs of detours would help too.

Who on earth can find that sort of thing entertaining anyway? (And I've seen the TDLF in Beziers and in Terrassa,which is far more exciting on TV-yawn- than the two minute whizz past in reality).

How long have you been in spain?
I does happen every year at the same time... And its called La Vuelta ;)

How about letting motorists know in advance that they're likely to be delayed by a bunch of prima donna's poncing about on bikes? Signs of detours would help too.

As a big cycling fan can someone please translate this post into English? What is the TDLF? What is the prima donna missing or possessing?

La Vuelta has already been thrilling fans for over two weeks this year, so how long exactly were you delayed for if you've only just been able to post about this?

And just how far in advance do you need? This was announced in January. Even the Grauniad has been providing daily coverage.

Fair's fair though, you are the first to post about it though. What colour jersey does the leader wear? I shall reward you with rep of the same colour.

I think it's a disgrace that the organisers of La Vuelta didn't write to Barna personally to let him know about the route.

PS that was some weather they rode through on Sunday eh? Astonishing.

I think it's a disgrace that the organisers of La Vuelta didn't write to Barna personally to let him know about the route.

PS that was some weather they rode through on Sunday eh? Astonishing.

Apparently Horner was the only one prepared for it.

It decimated* my fantasy cycling team. I was doing really well - I have Moreno, J-Rod and Valverde who come in 1, 2, 3 one stage last week on top of Stynbar's victory the day before - but have slipped back to mid-table mediocrity because of Henao's poor show. Don't think he'll be getting leadership of a GT from Sky again in a hurry.

*more than decimated if you take the meaning literally

Apparently Horner was the only one prepared for it.

It decimated* my fantasy cycling team. I was doing really well - I have Moreno, J-Rod and Valverde who come in 1, 2, 3 one stage last week on top of Stynbar's victory the day before - but have slipped back to mid-table mediocrity because of Henao's poor show. Don't think he'll be getting leadership of a GT from Sky again in a hurry.

*more than decimated if you take the meaning literally

Yes, Henao hasn't done much to impress the bosses this fortnight.

Interesting insight from Roger Hammond on the ITV highlights (and how come Gary Imlach doesn't get more high profile presenting gigs by the way?) regarding the difficulties in riding in those conditions. It's wet so you don't feel like you need to rehydrate even though you do, you're shivering so you use much more energy, etc. All obvious when you think about it but good stuff nonetheless.

Been really disappointed with Henao.

Sky have a fairly strong squad (by the peleton's rather than their standards) and were set up for GC but have been anonymous there and barely threatened on stages. Henao lost time on the first uphill stage and I wonder if Uran was then given leadership, despite his defection for 2014. Henao was abysmal in the time trial when he could have fought back to try and get a podium position or at least a top 10 (and vital points for me). I presumed he and Sky would then start riding for stages. Having lost so much time he will have been allowed to get into breaks, but he's got into one break which got away and he couldn't stick with it.

It shows what an outstanding job Froome did in the TdF, without him Sky's season would have been a disaster.

Back