• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Speed cameras on a127

DTS

The Business
Morning all. Doing some business thus morning in hawkwell. Was on the A127 just after the turning for the a130 but before the weir when I went through one of those yellow hovering type fixed cameras with the White markings on the floor. It's a 50 and I was close on 70.

Anyone know if that us a working camera or not?

Yes they all are but they are average speed cameras, it the overall speed you do between two sets of them that matters I think?

Avergae speed cameras can be avoided by switching lanes as you enter/leave the 'camera zone'. True fact

As Creekold says. They are average speed camera's. So you can go through it at 100mph if you like, as long as your average speed between the two sets of camera's is no more than about 60mph.

On a different note I've noticed in some towns and villages up here I've seen signs saying "Our Town is protected by ANPR Cameras".

Big Brother is indeed watching eh.

On a different note I've noticed in some towns and villages up here I've seen signs saying "Our Town is protected by ANPR Cameras".

Big Brother is indeed watching eh.

Yeah not so evident down here.

Although that ******** Grays has ANPR camera's I believe.

No surprise with people like GraysBlueJr living there...

The lines on the A127 are from the roadworks many moons ago where they had fixed gatso cameras. The current SPECS cameras are average speed ones, up until Progress Rd.

Yeah not so evident down here.

Although that ******** Grays has ANPR camera's I believe.

No surprise with people like GraysBlueJr living there...

I dont believe its the fact Grays needs them, but it is seen as an entry point (along the A13) towards London, and i believe ANPR was first installed in London around the time the IRA were very active, and was left there, so is now used for general policing.

I cant see the isse with ANPR, if you are doing something illegal with your motor (ie no tax/insurance/stolen etc), then you should be caught!

Back