• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Speed Cameras!!

shrimper4life

Manager
Just been flashed on the seafront doing about 40mph, but the camera that flashed me was on the opposite side of the road i.e. aimed towards the opposite traffic?! So will i get 3 points and the fine or does the camera not see my car?

Just been flashed on the seafront doing about 40mph, but the camera that flashed me was on the opposite side of the road i.e. aimed towards the opposite traffic?! So will i get 3 points and the fine or does the camera not see my car?

You'll be fine, I do that all the time. Let me guess, its the last camera before the sharp bend at the end of the seafront?

;)

I do it to them all the time.. due to the fact it ****s em off!

Especially on a motorbike its fantastic! No front number plate lol!

Oh yes I know the one, I've seen that go off on its own 3/4 times!!
But to answer your question, a fixed gatso cannot prosecute you if you are travelling in the opposite direction when it flashes.

it can if its a double camera which takes a pic of the car and another of the driver.....but then i am, at the mo, too ****ed to drive so who gives a ****....lol

Oh yes I know the one, I've seen that go off on its own 3/4 times!!
But to answer your question, a fixed gatso cannot prosecute you if you are travelling in the opposite direction when it flashes.

thank fc*k for that!

If you time right you can set it off as a car doing the correct speed goes through in the direction the camera is set for! Great fun for doing it to BMW drivers!!!

If you time right you can set it off as a car doing the correct speed goes through in the direction the camera is set for! Great fun for doing it to BMW drivers!!!

And your problem with BMW drivers is???

I drive a BMW and am a courteous law abiding driver...It is the kn0bs who don't own BMW's that are uncouteous to us...Jealousy will get you nowhere.:finger:

I have set these cameras off driving the other way as well as been driving past when somebody has set it off going the other way and never received a ticket!

This is a regular occurence on Rayleigh Road right outside the Bellhouse Harvester pub/restaurant...

And your problem with BMW drivers is???

I drive a BMW and am a courteous law abiding driver...It is the kn0bs who don't own BMW's that are uncouteous to us...Jealousy will get you nowhere.:finger:

I have set these cameras off driving the other way as well as been driving past when somebody has set it off going the other way and never received a ticket!

This is a regular occurence on Rayleigh Road right outside the Bellhouse Harvester pub/restaurant...

BMW driver..... Built by the Germans and driven by Nazi's:rolleyes:

Back