• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Speedway Fantasy League

Anybody fancy joining in the (FREE TO ENTER) Speedway Fantasy League for the forthcoming 2010 season? Thought we could perhaps create a SZ mini-league as well if we get say at least 6 posters entering their team(s).

Myself & Sherif H have already signed up.

Join at http://www.speedwayleague.net/index.asp

Anybody fancy joining in the (FREE TO ENTER) Speedway Fantasy League for the forthcoming 2010 season? Thought we could perhaps create a SZ mini-league as well if we get say at least 6 posters entering their team(s).

Myself & Sherif H have already signed up.

Join at http://www.speedwayleague.net/index.asp

Dude...really looking forward to see how the season pans out as my Rayleigh Revival team is packed full of youthful promise and athe odd smattering of experience!

Ben Barker - Coventry
Cameron Woodward - Eastbourne
Scott Nicholls - Ipswich
Paul Hurry - Lakeside
Davey Watt - Poole
Darcy Ward - Poole
Tai Woffinden - Wolverhampton

Beat that peeps!

In case it sells it to other potential entrants, here's my team...

Edward Kennett - Coventry
Scott Nicholls - Ipswich
Danny King - Ipswich
Leon Madsen - Poole
Chris Schramm - Workington
Taylor Poole - Stoke
Dakota North - Newcastle

Knowing me I might change it before the season starts in 2 weeks...

I haven't a scooby, but picked names I'd heard of & players from teams that I might do OK!! Here is my team!

J Wright - Belle Vue
B Barker - Coventry
S Nicholls - Ipswich
C Vissing - Ipswich
P Hurry - Lakeside (Token Essex gesture!)
L Bridger - Peterboro'
B Pedersen - Poole

Any help you can give would be appreciated i.e. one of them is injured or unlikey to race etc.

Riders On The Storm
---------------------

S Gustafsson - Eastbourne
S Robson - Lakeside
R Sweetman - Birmingham
C Neath - Rye House
S Ekberg - Rye House
K Legault - Newport
V Bergstrom - Scunthorpe

Riders On The Storm
---------------------

S Gustafsson - Eastbourne
S Robson - Lakeside
R Sweetman - Birmingham
C Neath - Rye House
S Ekberg - Rye House
K Legault - Newport
V Bergstrom - Scunthorpe

Interesting choices there matey...probably got some good Premier League scorers in that team.

Interesting choices there matey...probably got some good Premier League scorers in that team.

cheers, im in the same boat as 'the big shrimp', i havent got a clue who any of the riders are, but am always up for a good fantasy league challenge

cheers, im in the same boat as 'the big shrimp', i havent got a clue who any of the riders are, but am always up for a good fantasy league challenge

If you ask Sherif nicely, I'm sure he will give you some advice like he did me! I picked names I'd heard of, & then guessed at the others that were at teams I knew had done well last season. That said, I spent ages looking for Crump until I found out he rides in Poland!! :dim:

If you ask Sherif nicely, I'm sure he will give you some advice like he did me! I picked names I'd heard of, & then guessed at the others that were at teams I knew had done well last season. That said, I spent ages looking for Crump until I found out he rides in Poland!! :dim:

Unfortunately, due to the nature of Speedway (i.e. in that historically, and sometimes due to planning restrictions/covenants, different teams in England run on different days of the week) not all of the top riders who split their time earning money in the other top leagues in Poland/Sweden/Russia/Denmark, can make it to England (nor is it sometimes worthwile due to the fact that the governing body - BSPA - keep reducing the points limit for building a team).

The likes of Jason Crump, Nikki Pedersen and Emil Sayfutdinov etc...are all in this boat....England needs them more than they need England, but unfortunately, their points average is so high that, even if they were available and recruited, it often leaves team line-ups bottom heavy, as there are not enough points left to build a balanced point-scoring team accross the other 6 riders.

For those of you interested (or already members), I have set-up a private TSR Blog league on Speedway Fantasy League 2010. Go to the blog, and follow the simple instructions to join the party!

Any more takers for the fantasy league? We now have some really good numbers signed up, and with one Premier League fixture already having been completed, scores are starting to register!

Join today for free, and let's make it even more competetive!

Simply click the TSR Blog link below my sig, and follow the simple instructions to sign up to our private league!

Back