• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Speedway

Seeing as myself & Sherrif H have been discussing speedway in another thread & I'm not wanting to get an ongoing reputation for thread diversion, I've created this thread so the relevant details can be moved.

Off season now, but hopefully this can be kept going as & when any major speedway news break and when the league gets going again next spring (much like people have been doing with the NFL thread)! :D

Well...it is my everlasting ambition to get more footy fans watching speedway!

Blimey, Eastbourne have gone mad in terms of team preparation for next season with the signings of Scott Nicholls & Lee Richardson as well as the return of Ed Kennett!

Blimey, Eastbourne have gone mad in terms of team preparation for next season with the signings of Scott Nicholls & Lee Richardson as well as the return of Ed Kennett!

I know...I went to the indoor event at Brighton and the Nicholls announcement was greeted by stunned silence! They will be a force to be reckoned with next season, but I am thoroughly gutted that the new low points limit has meant that there is no place for Nikki Pedersen. Love him or hate him, there is no denying his class.

Glasgow....I promised I'd let you know when my article got published and it did so some weeks ago now. I can send you a pdf copy if you are interested?

Essex actually have a decent outfit this year. Lets hope they don't get their usual amount of injuries.

Essex actually have a decent outfit this year. Lets hope they don't get their usual amount of injuries.

Have seen every home fixture thus far, and think the top end of the team is particularly strong but I fear Andreas Jonsson may be one of those aforementioned injury prone.

Do you go to the arena bs?

Used to go watch White City Rebels many years ago when I lived in London and occasionally Hackney. Have never been to Arena Essex however but have been thinking of doing so this season.

Are they any good at all?

Used to go watch White City Rebels many years ago when I lived in London and occasionally Hackney. Have never been to Arena Essex however but have been thinking of doing so this season.

Are they any good at all?

Hi SF....It is well worth a visit. A good progressive, proactive promotion in place now, and the team have gone from being a laughing stock over the last few years to odds on favourites to win the Elite League this year. I don't think it will be that simple, but definitely would be worth going down. I try and encourage as many SUFC fans to go as it sets the sporting weekend off so well (they race on a Friday night)!

Lakeside (aka the Arena Essex Hammers) are live on Sky this coming Monday night for those who might be interested.

Have to say, so far I'm liking this 3 points for an away win rule (rather than the aggregate bonus point it replaced!)

Indeed, should be a good bit of racing. I shall try and get on tv this time to top my rancid photo on the official site! :D

Guys....just a reminder that Lakeside are at home to Poole this Friday....7.30pm start. Get yourselves down there and you won't regret it...this is a top of the table clash, and as things stand, we could go 2nd with two matches in hand if we win!

Sherif, I don't suppose you're going to the British Final at Swindon on Thursday night are you?

Will Andreas Jonsson be injured for the Lakeside v Poole meeting?

Sherif, I don't suppose you're going to the British Final at Swindon on Thursday night are you?

Will Andreas Jonsson be injured for the Lakeside v Poole meeting?

I really want to go, but it is simply not possible Rich...gutted. I will defo be going to the British GP though, even if my mates all let me down!

Apparently Andreas is pushing to be ready by Friday...quite how I am not sure....he took an almighty smack in Sweden!

Back