• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Speedy Passports.

DTS

The Business
Ladies and Gentleman.

I have an exam next week. I had to send my drivers liscense off to a solicitor on behalf of a customer and my passport is out of date.

I need to show who I am for a exam next week and I dont have any ID

Can you still go down to petty france of whereever it is in London and get one on the day? Anyone done this before?

Cheers

I think the London place closed down as part of a restructuring/cost cutting exercise, passport offices are now regionalised and ours is in Peterborough

Google?

Ladies and Gentleman.

I have an exam next week. I had to send my drivers liscense off to a solicitor on behalf of a customer and my passport is out of date.

Can you still go down to petty france of whereever it is in London and get one on the day? Anyone done this before?

Cheers

Yeah, it's right by Victoria station. You need to ring up and make an appointment.

Costs something like £170 for the one-day service or £120 for the one week service.

Ladies and Gentleman.

Cheers

Have you tried checking with the examiners? If the passport's only slightly out of date, but you're still easily recognisable, then they may well still accept it.

YB is right my boss had to get his new passport at Petty France for an urgent business trip, didn't realise it was as expensive as that mind.:stunned:

My renewal cost about £80 i think, they've got you by the short n curlies if you need one in a rush

I don't know why Dave is panicking though, surely his drivers licence will be sufficient :whistling:

My renewal cost about £80 i think, they've got you by the short n curlies if you need one in a rush

I don't know why Dave is panicking though, surely his drivers licence will be sufficient :whistling:

Why does he need his driving licence? Surely he can just get the tube to Dagenham on Saturday?

Have looked it up and it's £129.50 for the one-day service.
The week service is £112.50 and the usual 4 month one is £77.50.

A few years back I have to renew my passport urgently to go to Malta. When I phoned the passport office the only appointment they had to do it in a day was in Newport, so had to get down there for 9 am. Got my new passport around 3pm.

But for ID, I would have thought an expired passport would be ok.

I can get you one for fifty quid and no questions asked - if you don't mind sitting the exam in a burqa.

I had to get a same day passport a couple of years back. I'd heard stories of what a nightmare it was with queues and waiting around for hours at a time but I was in and out within five minutes. Then just had to go back four hours later to pick it up so I went a couple of doors down and nipped quickly round the Natural History Museum. Easy.

Dave,

I'd check with your exam people and see what they would accept as ID given your circumstances, they are only trying to see who you are not your travelling rights so surely an out of date one will do that, if accompanied by confirmation of address, birth certificate etc.

Im sure the cost and hassle of a day in London can be avoided. If your Driver's licence is with a Solicitor can't you either a) just get it back from them or b) ask them to send you back a certified copy if your examiners are happy with that.

Just paid 77 quid for mine arrived two weeks to the day i sent it off easy son. you can book an appiintment for a fastrack in London or peterborough but the waiting list is long as you arm so i wouldnt bother with it, plus its about 50 pounds more expensive. Boa sorte.

Just paid 77 quid for mine arrived two weeks to the day i sent it off easy son. you can book an appiintment for a fastrack in London or peterborough but the waiting list is long as you arm so i wouldnt bother with it, plus its about 50 pounds more expensive. Boa sorte.

I'm surprised they let you renew Ben :winking:

Back