• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spencer Prior Up Front!

Prodigal Son

Manager
I was shocked to see Prior come on up front. I was equally shocked when he came on in similar circumstances almost exactly a year ago against Oldham at home ,but that day Wayne was injured,Freddy suspended and the Goat came off knackered.

I just did'nt get it, I thought Peter Clarke was a supposed stand-in striker.

I don't get it with Prior any more. The cynical side of me tells me he must be nagging Tilly to come on (at his old club).

Boy they must have laughed to see him come on up front.

they gave him a very good welcoming which was great to see but if you noticed Barrett was playing up front most of the first half even tho he was centre back

Should have scored with his first touch too...

down.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 26 2006,21:47)]I was shocked to see Prior come on up front. I was equally shocked when he came on in similar circumstances almost exactly a year ago against Oldham at home ,but that day Wayne was injured,Freddy suspended and the Goat came off knackered.

I don't get it with Prior any more. The cynical side of me tells me he must be nagging Tilly to come on (at his old club).

I too thought that, but you'd be hailing Tilly a genius if Spinner had given us a point as he very nearly did with his first touch. I'm sure they wouldn't have been laughing then
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (basics @ Aug. 26 2006,22:23)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prodigal Son @ Aug. 26 2006,21:47)]I was shocked to see Prior come on up front. I was equally shocked when he came on in similar circumstances almost exactly a year ago against Oldham at home ,but that day Wayne was injured,Freddy suspended and the Goat came off knackered.

I too thought that, but you'd be hailing Tilly a genius if Spinner had given us a point as he very nearly did with his first touch. I'm sure they wouldn't have been laughing then
rock.gif
But it went wide!

I just thought it was a little too desperate and Lawson could have gone on up front and maybe Hunt on the wing?

Nothing personal against Prior, although I do feel his legs have gone , but that has been covered on here extensively.

agreed. Probably a last ditch effort, sometimes they work, sometimes not.
As they say "if it had gone in it would have been a goal"
sad.gif

Prior gives us power in the air up front when chasing a game.
Paynter was pretty woeful and doesn't appear to have a turn of pace, like Spinner now, but when he loses every header he goes for it's time for a change.

Thought we missed Bradders today.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (D62SUBOY @ Aug. 26 2006,21:50)]To win the aerial battles Paynter wasn't winning. To use his defensive heading abilities to give us another attacking option and hopefully free up either Paynter or Freddy
paynter came off for spinner

Was that a tongue in cheek comment ? With all the hype about how he had been doing the weights in the summer etc to beef and toughen himself up, i for one was quite expectant when he came on only to become disappointed. He didnt seem to try and get round the outside like he had done in previous runouts. He went down like a pack of cards when under the slightest of challenges (although their 5 and 19 were both very heavy handed)and gave us no width and space for the front two when thats one of his job on the pitch. Admitted he got in two crosses but one was at the goalie and the other was cleared easily. Aslo I admit that he hasnt had any serious matches at this level before. I think the guy has great ability and I'm a fan but I have to disagree that he showed it against Leicester. There are critics on here about JCR but lets face it we havent got a "real" 90 minute replacement have we ?

Ooops sorry guys ! That should have been posted in Why Oh Why Oh in responce to the comment about Mitchell Cole.

i thought prior did ok upfront and im glad he didnt start at centre back because lets be honest hes had his good days when sodje is back do we need him at all?

Back