• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ferdinand, Moussa and O'Keefe would all be in the first team if they were still here. We sold one of them and the other two left because they weren't paid.

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe SUFC only have one former yoof playing regularly in their first team,Daniel Bentley.

Mentioning former players is hardly relevant.If my Auntie had had balls she'd have been my uncle.:smile:

Please correct me if I'm wrong but I believe SUFC only have one former yoof playing regularly in their first team,Daniel Bentley.

Mentioning former players is hardly relevant.If my Auntie had had balls she'd have been my uncle.:smile:

Don't worry your posts provide enough balls for your entire family and then some.

Do you think Southampton have a good youth system, or is the fact that Bale, Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain all moved onto bigger and better things somehow not relevant?

Don't worry your posts provide enough balls for your entire family and then some.

Do you think Southampton have a good youth system, or is the fact that Bale, Walcott and Oxlade-Chamberlain all moved onto bigger and better things somehow not relevant?

Dunno about you but I'm much more interested in SUFC than the Saints.

Dunno about you but I'm much more interested in SUFC than the Saints.

I'm much more interested in Southend than Fulham as well, but let me help you out.

Do you think a club that has in the last 8 years or so produced through it's youth system the world's most expensive player and two England internationals has a good youth system if none of those three are still at the club?

I'm much more interested in Southend than Fulham as well, but let me help you out.

Do you think a club that has in the last 8 years or so produced through it's youth system the world's most expensive player and two England internationals has a good youth system if none of those three are still at the club?

I think we can both agree that Ricky Duncan is doing an excellent job at Southend.

Ferdinand, Moussa and O'Keefe all moved up to better things, having come through at Southend and played first team games.

How many Fulham Academy graduates have done that? None.

So we are still left with just Matthew Briggs. You really cannot call Fulham's Academy excellent yet. The current crop may see you right in the future, but it's a wildly inaccurate claim at the moment.

Ferdinand, Moussa and O'Keefe all moved up to better things, having come through at Southend and played first team games.

How many Fulham Academy graduates have done that? None.

So we are still left with just Matthew Briggs. You really cannot call Fulham's Academy excellent yet. The current crop may see you right in the future, but it's a wildly inaccurate claim at the moment.

To be fair it's a bit like comparing a leg of pork with a string of sausages, they're both the same product in a way. Obviously breaking into Fulham's first team squad is going to be a lot harder than managing it in a team in league two.

Spinner is correct but i fear the cost and time would always push the club away from that path.

After a spell coaching the "Matildas" U20 squad in 'stralia, Spinner has just taken the head coaches job for the Thailand ladies team.

What does he think of to days play acting on the pitch, and does he think managers like Bob Paisley/ Bobby Robson /Terry Venables would have made it as big in today modern era, where money talks and promoting youngsters is taking a back ward step

What does he think of to days play acting on the pitch, and does he think managers like Bob Paisley/ Bobby Robson /Terry Venables would have made it as big in today modern era, where money talks and promoting youngsters is taking a back ward step

I'd like to think the podcast was recorded 4 years ago - but if you want to ask him anything, tweet him @spencerprior

Here is Spinner meeting his new boss, "Madam" Pang.

Spinner.jpg

I actually ran into him at a Thai league match last night. He's still following our fortunes, was talking about Payne and Bentley.

Last edited:
I couldn't find the previous thread in Ex-Shrimpers, (what happened there mods?)....

Spinner (or Spinny as the locals call him) was working in Thailand coaching the Women's team in 2016/17 and he looks set to return to Bangkok as Director of Football at Port FC, their badge is my avatar!

The Woman that was running the Thai Women's team, seen crying when they scored during the WWC also owns Port FC, hence she has worked with him before.

I couldn't find the previous thread in Ex-Shrimpers, (what happened there mods?)....

Spinner (or Spinny as the locals call him) was working in Thailand coaching the Women's team in 2016/17 and he looks set to return to Bangkok as Director of Football at Port FC, their badge is my avatar!

The Woman that was running the Thai Women's team, seen crying when they scored during the WWC also owns Port FC, hence she has worked with him before.

Looks like someone could @Kenny :Winking:

Spinny for next Thai manager at WWC!

Back