• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best bit of Saturday for me was Spinner going f**king mental at the ball boy.

I know it seemed abit out of order but at last a player who actually gave a f**k that we where loosing!

I couldnt believe the East Stand started booing him.
Ball rolling out of play the ball boy not even paying attention, then prior in best Shakespear English ' Oooy were playing this f**king saturday, give us the f**king ball were loosing'

I did think it a little harsh but f**king brilliant Prior its good to have you home

At the end of the game Prior went over to the kid gave him a cuddle and a kiss and apologised

I too thought it was hilarious! and whilst it might have been a bit out of order to the ball boy it was good to see some passion. Anyway Husbands had a word with the kid a minute later and Spinner went up to him afterwards so all's well that ends well!

but gaffer its tru isnt it both of out centre backs just lumped it up field so there defence could easiely play it away i think we only threatend twice and both with ball onda ground!

Brilliant. Well done Spinner.
Ball-boys not doing their job properly is a pet-hate of mine. I have long advocated hiring John Beck to train them in the art of assisting the home team. It always amazes me how quickly they can return the ball when we are desperately trying to hold on to a win, but whenever we are trying to salvage something they are sitting there twiddling their thumbs oblivious to the urgency of the situation.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Aug. 09 2004,10:53)]but gaffer its tru isnt it both of out centre backs just lumped it up field so there defence could easiely play it away i think we only threatend twice and both with ball onda ground!
Translation please.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Aug. 09 2004,10:32)]but still tohought we had a striker thats 6ft 4 to lump the ball up to but no we got gray he ant going to win it inda air is he prior
What?

[b said:
Quote[/b] (TrueBlue @ Aug. 09 2004,11:59)]at other ground I have noticed that all ball boys have a second ball to give to the players straight away saving time in a match!
Yes, Yes, Yes! thus maintaining continuity during the match!

Only trouble is, we keep kicking ours out of the ground! Keep it low guys!
biggrin.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Hawkwell Blue @ Aug. 09 2004,12:04)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Aug. 09 2004,10:53)]but gaffer its tru isnt it both of out centre backs just lumped it up field so there defence could easiely play it away i think we only threatend twice and both with ball onda ground!
Translation please.
It was more lucid than his first effort.

Actually I thought Prior shouting at the ball boy was a disgrace and told him so in no uncertain terms. However he immediately acknowledged that he'd gone over the top, and went up further in my estimation by apologising to the lad, at the end of the match.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (east stand drummer boy @ Aug. 09 2004,11:32)]but still tohought we had a striker thats 6ft 4 to lump the ball up to but no we got gray he ant going to win it inda air is he prior
Say what?!?

Someone buy Jack a "How to write English" book, for God's sake!! And didn't we voluntarily "ban" messages posted in complete text talk a couple of years ago?

WS

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Guest @ Aug. 09 2004,17:59)]Actually I thought Prior shouting at the ball boy was a disgrace and told him so in no uncertain terms.  However he immediately acknowledged that he'd gone over the top, and went up further in my estimation by apologising to the lad, at the end of the match.
Granted, this was not the best example of passion from a professional footballer... however, it shows he cares about the club and I would like to see more of this on the field of play and not so much "when the chips are down either!"

There were times last year when we tossed away a decent lead by not continuing the passion that got us there...

Home v Carlisle - 2-0 up but only drew 2-2
Away v Lincoln - 2-0 up but only drew 2-2

That's not to say that we should lead 2-0 then encourage the opposing team to come at us ala Cheltenham on Saturday, but to continue with the attacking style of football that we know our players are capable of and get 4 or 5 goals and boost our confidence! I would sooner have clubs dreading to come to the Hall than rubbing their hands together in glee!!!

LETS SEE PLENTY OF PASSION - C'MON YOU BLUES!

That moment was the best of the match. Then a group of fans decide to boo him. Nice one. Spinner was caught up in the moment and i hold no grudges against him for that and has even gone up in my estimation for that.

Kev

Back