• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spinner

Joolz

Coach⭐
There's been a lot of posts recently about the send off the Goat will get at his last ever game against Bristol City, and rightly so. But am I right in thinking that it is due to be Spinner's last game as well? If so, I hope he doesn't get forgotten in the inevitable melee surrounding the Goat. He has been a great servant to this club and football in general, and is possibly one of the most honest players around. Hopefully he'll get a run out as well.

Thoughts?

I think he fancies another season but whether he would be good enough for the Championship remains to be seen.
If he does play his last game against Bristol City then he deserves a really good send off. There is no doubt he was a really good signing both on and off the field and is a big reason in our sucess over the last few seasons.

Spinner was guest of honour at my daughter's school yesterday. He said he hoped to play in the City game and would retire to Australia at some point in 2007.
Signed autographs and generally enterrtained the kids ;well done Spinner!

Isn't Spinner also heavily involved in the coaching side of things nowadays? I think that we'll probably keep him registered as a player next season, but that Barrett/Sodje will remain clear first choices.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Sussex Shrimper @ Mar. 28 2006,19:25)]Isn't Spinner also heavily involved in the coaching side of things nowadays?
You can say that again..
Watch him  in the warm up before a game he's a right bossy bugger.

Wouldn't want to go up against him if he was my Manager!

ghostface.gif

ghostface.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Csboy @ Mar. 28 2006,12:26)]I think he fancies another season but whether he would be good enough for the Championship remains to be seen.
If he does play his last game against Bristol City then he deserves a really good send off. There is no doubt he was a really good signing both on and off the field and is a big reason in our sucess over the last few seasons.
...and the Man City fans coming down to support the Goat would be on hand to give another of their former players a send-off as well...!

Back