• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

fbm

Blue tinted optimist⭐
Just a thought, with various mentions of the Sodje family in the match fixing scandal, does anyone remember Efe's monumental blooper in the first few minutes against Colchester when he looked to pass or head the ball back to Flahavan, saw Cureton in the way and did it regardless! Put us 1-0 down in a game we lost 3-0.

I don't think he made another start for us after that.

Makes you wonder...

Last edited:
Not really. Players and refs make mistakes all the time so why do we have to assume that there has to be a cause.

I think there is a saying that states people make up conspiracies because it is more interesting than the truth.

There's no suggestions (that I've seen) that any of the Sodje's have been implicating in match fixing. Spot fixing, yeah, but match fixing?

Efe's piece of defending vs Colchester was shambolic but it was just a mistake. If I remember rightly the incident after which he never played for us again occurred at a hotel in Hull.

There's no suggestions (that I've seen) that any of the Sodje's have been implicating in match fixing. Spot fixing, yeah, but match fixing?

Efe's piece of defending vs Colchester was shambolic but it was just a mistake. If I remember rightly the incident after which he never played for us again occurred at a hotel in Hull.

So , what happened in Hull , then ?

From what I recall there was a suggestion that Tilson had caught Sodje smuggling a girl into his room at the team hotel the night before the game causing a major falling out in the squad. Although checking Soccerbase that appears to have been the game before the Colchester defeat.

Norwich away on boxing say was one of the single worst performances I've seen from a southend player, it was actually a relief when he was sent-off just before half-time!

Assistant manager at Macclesfield now...(Efe) so i highly doubt he is involved. Not all the Sodje's are involved in match/spot fixing.

Only Sam, Steve & Akpo Sodje are involved from what i've read.

Well I don't know who is involved , but there's definitely something Sodje going on !

I seem to recall that Tilson said that they rushed Efe back from his broken leg too early, hence his awful form in his last season for us.

He was a regular at Bury for the next few seasons which suggests there may be some truth in what Tilson said.

Just a thought, with various mentions of the Sodje family in the match fixing scandal, does anyone remember Efe's monumental blooker in the first few minutes against Colchester when he looked to pass or head the ball back to Flahavan, saw Cureton in the way and did it regardless! Put us 1-0 down in a game we lost 3-0.

I don't think he made another start for us after that.

Makes you wonder...

In a tree by the brook, there's a songbird who sings,
Sometimes all of our thoughts are misgiven

That makes me wonder

It seems most of the allegations are around picking up yellow and red cards rather than costing goals. I feel for efe if he's not involved as there will always be suspicion around him now

I remember Sodje as a rock. Certainly one of the better player I've seen in a Southend shirt. If he's throwing games, Keith Dublin must be gutted at the amount of money he could have earned.

I seem to recall that Tilson said that they rushed Efe back from his broken leg too early, hence his awful form in his last season for us.

He was a regular at Bury for the next few seasons which suggests there may be some truth in what Tilson said.
Yeah and Bury got relegated with him lacking pace and making untold errors in the penalty area:hilarious:

Is it possible that one of our managers in the late 80s could of had a bet that Southend would let in 24 goals in 5 games .

Might not have been involved in match fixing but seeing as his brothers were involved in it I would be amazed if he didn't know about it

Back