• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Napster

No ⭐
Spotted this week:

Friday 16th July 2004
Southend Airport, 08:50: 1 Cuckoo (flew over Aviation Way). Paul Griggs (SOG).

Thursday 15th July 2004
Battlesbridge, 09:15: 1 Little Egret (again in the pool where the new A130 crosses the Crouch). Paul Baker (SOG).

Wednesday 14th July 2004
Benfleet Station, 07:50: 1 Little Egret (fishing in the creek). Paul Griggs (SOG).

Hadleigh, Belton Hills, 13:20: 1 Sparrowhawk (male). John Wright (SOG).

Leigh on Sea, 13:30: 1 Sparrowhawk (male, Broadway West). John Wright (SOG).

Benfleet Station 16.40: 1 Little Egret In creek. Terry Strong.

Chalkwell Park Drive, Leigh, 17:50: 1 Sparrowhawk (female over the garden). John Wright (SOG).

Tuesday 13th July 2004
Vange Marsh, 13:25 to 14:15: 2 Common Tern, 7 Green Sandpiper, 3 Common Sandpiper, 1 Yellow-legged Gull (adult), 1 Ruff, 2 Sedge Warbler, 5 Reed Warbler, 2 Reed Bunting (a pair). 1 Aythya sp. (drake hybrid, L.Scaup type)., Paul Baker (SOG).

Fanes Wood, Thundersley, 17:15 to 18:30: 1 Hobby, 1 Sparrowhawk (female. 20+ Purple Hairstreak). Graham Ryland (SOG).

Wat Tyler Country Park 18.45 - 20.00: 4 Bearded Tit, 2 Green Sandpiper, 2 Hobby, 1 Peregrine Falcon, 3 Common Tern, 1 Water Rail (heard). Steve Hiscock.

Monday 12th July 2004
Mayflower Close, Eastwood, 14:00 to 14:15: 1 Sparrowhawk (took a male House Sparrow on the lawn, then meticulously plucked it for 15 mins and discarded its beak(!), all videotaped!!). Paul Baker (SOG).

Canvey West End, 14:00 to 16:30: 2 Little Egret, 2 Linnet, 2 Chiffchaff, 6 Goldfinch, 2 Reed Bunting, 50 Marbled White (also around 800 pyramidal orchids), 1 Common Lizard. Andrew Woodhouse (SOG).

Southend Seafront, 17:30 to 17:50: 22 Mediterranean Gull (14 adults, 3 2nd summers and 5 1st summers (incl. Green C5N) by the old Gasworks Pier). Steve Arlow (SOG).

The last four days sightings to your mobile phone - enter the following address as a favourite in your WAP/Internet enabled mobile phone - http://www.southendrspb.co.uk/wap/wap.wml

Now that is both sad and Cruel!

Videotaping it!
rock.gif

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ July 16 2004,16:37)]Now that is both sad and Cruel!

Videotaping it!
rock.gif
i know.

I like the idea that some people have signed up for WAP updates. High-tech anoraks alert!

Oy, if it's Good(ie) enough for Bill Oddie, it's good enough for me.

Personally I've spotted a variety of tits today, some great ones, some small ones. Fortunately I haven't seen any blue or, even worse, bearded ones yet.

With any luck I might see a Parrot peeing through a hedge later as well.

[b said:
Quote[/b] (Napster @ July 16 2004,16:42)]
[b said:
Quote[/b] (Prophet of Doom! @ July 16 2004,16:37)]Now that is both sad and Cruel!

Videotaping it!
rock.gif
i know.

I like the idea that some people have signed up for WAP updates. High-tech anoraks alert!
Any sadder than getting SUFC updates sent to your phone?

Remember the old saying - 'People who regularly post on a football messageboard shouldn't throw stones at birdwatchers'. Or something like that anyway......

rock.gif

Back