• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spotted Fagan scouting last night

Ricky Otto

President⭐
I was at the Chelmsford City v Kings Lynn Town game last night as my boy plays for City under 10s and was ball boy for the game. Fagan was behind me making lots of notes, I assume on Kings Lynn Town as we are playing them in August? I wasn't very impressed by Kings Lynn they only had a couple of trialists involved so pretty much a 1st 11 involved and City were the better team, it finished 1-1 but city had more opportunities and the Kings Lynn equaliser came late after city had brought on a load of academy players. The Kings Lynn keeper was quite impressive but other than that nobody stood out. They have a striker called King who is wider than he is tall and was very easy to wind up, should probably target him as he seems like a player we could get sent off.

It finally sunk in last night how far we have fallen, preparing to face Kings Lynn Town.

We will lose, no doubt ?
I wouldn't rule it out, I'm not overly positive for this season. Don't think we'll be promotion challengers. If we lose to this lot it'll be worse than I thought though. I don't want to sound insulting as I'm massively impressed that a club like Kings Lynn are punching so far above their weight and you can't underestimate those achievements, but i'd say it was one of our better opportunities to get 3 points.

I wouldn't rule it out, I'm not overly positive for this season. Don't think we'll be promotion challengers. If we lose to this lot it'll be worse than I thought though. I don't want to sound insulting as I'm massively impressed that a club like Kings Lynn are punching so far above their weight and you can't underestimate those achievements, but i'd say it was one of our better opportunities to get 3 points.
Kings Lynn would have been relegated last season if there had been relegation. They got fewer points than we did in L2 and we only got 2 points from our opening 11 matches.

Facing them first up is the opposite of facing Harrogate first up last season.

Kings Lynn would have been relegated last season if there had been relegation. They got fewer points than we did in L2 and we only got 2 points from our opening 11 matches.

Facing them first up is the opposite of facing Harrogate first up last season.
If there had been relegation then results and league positions would have been completely different. Many of the teams who were bottom half had nothing to play for, with supporters getting games.

Like wise you cant judge SUFC or Kings Lynn on friendlies 1 month before the real event.

Just to remind people who will look down their ex-league noses at such clubs. Playoff teams like Chesterfield lost 7 at home, Notts county 8..... 3rd from bottom Kings Lynn 9, so still not an easy place to win.

Last edited:
If there had been relegation then results and league positions would have been completely different. Many of the teams who were bottom half had nothing to play for, with supporters getting games.

Like wise you cant judge SUFC or Kings Lynn on friendlies 1 month before the real event.

Just to remind people who will look down their ex-league noses at such clubs. Playoff teams like Chesterfield lost 7 at home, Notts county 8..... 3rd from bottom Kings Lynn 9, so still not an easy place to win.

No problem with your second and third paragraphs. Agree completely.

However, in my opinion, it was very much to the credit of the clubs involved (as opposed to the abject League management) that the National League was played to a conclusion so competitively. There were many excellent performances from lowly teams who were free from relegation worries, with very little if any rolling over. Many of the teams that had nothing to play for, played with determination and integrity. You make it sound like supporters getting games was a frequent occurrence, it wasn't. There might have been the odd unusual appearance on the subs bench for a couple of teams!

Back