• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spoty 2016

Spotty botty

• Total voters

MK Shrimper

Striker
So, who gets your vote? Despite a golden time for British sport, it's hard to look beyond Andy Murray IMHO (cue Murray abuse). Possibly Jason Kenny is in with a shout.

Not listing the nominees Pauly? Here you go: Boxer Nicola Adams; Footballer Gareth Bale; Triathlete Alistair Brownlee; Equestrian Sophie Christiansen; Paralympian Athlete/Cyclist Kadeena Cox; Athlete Mo Farah; Cyclists Jason and Laura Kenny; Tennis world no 1 Andy Murray; Swimmer Adam Peaty; Hockey's Kate Richardson-Walsh; Equestrian Nick Skelton; Cyclist Sarah Storey; Footballer Jamie Vardy; Gymnast Max Whitlock and Golfer Danny Willet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/38128822

Murray will probably walk it though I'd be absolutely delighted to see local lad Max Whitlock get a top 3. Team of the year will be interesting, strong competition there, particularly the Welsh Football Team and the Women's Hockey Team.

Not listing the nominees Pauly? Here you go: Boxer Nicola Adams; Footballer Gareth Bale; Triathlete Alistair Brownlee; Equestrian Sophie Christiansen; Paralympian Athlete/Cyclist Kadeena Cox; Athlete Mo Farah; Cyclists Jason and Laura Kenny; Tennis world no 1 Andy Murray; Swimmer Adam Peaty; Hockey's Kate Richardson-Walsh; Equestrian Nick Skelton; Cyclist Sarah Storey; Footballer Jamie Vardy; Gymnast Max Whitlock and Golfer Danny Willet.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/sports-personality/38128822

Murray will probably walk it though I'd be absolutely delighted to see local lad Max Whitlock get a top 3. Team of the year will be interesting, strong competition there, particularly the Welsh Football Team and the Women's Hockey Team.

Jeez, give me a chance!

Who I'd like to win and who I think will win are two entirely different things. I am convinced Murray will walk it. I would love any of Alistair Brownlee, Nick Skelton or Max Whitlock, as I said earlier, to do well though.

It should be Max Whitlock, what he achieved was incredible and something really special.

What Murray achieved is impressive but let's be honest Djokovic is starting to lose it Federer is out of the running and Nadal is always 'injured'. As for the rest of the pack most of them are distinctively average. He can win it every year but Max Whitlock doesn't get the chances that Murray does, he can only do it in an Olympics and I assume the world champs which isn't as widely popular as the Olympics.

In an Olympic year it has to go to one of our amazing achievements by our Olympians. Max or Mo for me with Murray in 3rd. Unfortunately I think it will be Murray, Mo and another Olympian in 3rd.

For sportmanship it has to be Brownlee and his act towards his brother during a race.

For achievement probably Murray, but Chris Froome deserved a place on the board for three times Tour winner

For sportmanship it has to be Brownlee and his act towards his brother during a race.

For achievement probably Murray, but Chris Froome deserved a place on the board for three times Tour winner

Chris Froome doesn't get half the attention for his achievements that Bradley Wiggins got/gets.

In an Olympic year it has to go to one of our amazing achievements by our Olympians.

Ahem, Andy also won gold at the Olympics. Another Wimbledon and winning 24 (IIRC) straight matches to claim the No.1 spot off Djokovic, including pretty much destroying him in the final when he had a substantially tougher ride to get there.

Ahem, Andy also won gold at the Olympics. Another Wimbledon and winning 24 (IIRC) straight matches to claim the No.1 spot off Djokovic, including pretty much destroying him in the final when he had a substantially tougher ride to get there.

Fair point, but it's something he has already achieved. He hasn't won the French or Australian open. When was the last time we won 2 Olympic gymnastics golds?

It should be Max Whitlock, what he achieved was incredible and something really special.

What Murray achieved is impressive but let's be honest Djokovic is starting to lose it Federer is out of the running and Nadal is always 'injured'. As for the rest of the pack most of them are distinctively average. He can win it every year but Max Whitlock doesn't get the chances that Murray does, he can only do it in an Olympics and I assume the world champs which isn't as widely popular as the Olympics.

In an Olympic year it has to go to one of our amazing achievements by our Olympians. Max or Mo for me with Murray in 3rd. Unfortunately I think it will be Murray, Mo and another Olympian in 3rd.

You mean he's proved he's human and not super human? Murray has chased him down in the 2nd half of the season in a way that is pretty much unprecedented. 6 months ago he was about 6,000 points behind Djokovic. Yes, Djokovic's level has dropped, but it would have been impossible for him to maintain that level for ever. That doesn't mean he's losing it, it just means he's human. Murray has also won Wimbledon again and the Olympics again. However, becoming GBs first ever world number one tops all that for me since he's had to be consistently brilliant. He's won something like 10 of the last 11 tournaments he's entered.

All that said, I also think there are others on there that are equally deserving. Jason Kenny being the stand out for me.

Max Whitlock isn't from Essex, he just trains here, unlike Laura Kenny who was actually born in Essex.

Jamie Vardy being on the list ahead of Froome is ridiculous.

Despite a fantastic year for sport the list seems a bit uninspiring to me. I guess I'd go for (in no particular order) Mo Farah, Jason Kenny & Sarah Storey (Whitlock 4th). With the Women's Hockey Team for the team award.

Drastic™;1919090 said:
Max Whitlock isn't from Essex, he just trains here, unlike Laura Kenny who was actually born in Essex.

Jamie Vardy being on the list ahead of Froome is ridiculous.

Despite a fantastic year for sport the list seems a bit uninspiring to me. I guess I'd go for (in no particular order) Mo Farah, Jason Kenny & Sarah Storey (Whitlock 4th). With the Women's Hockey Team for the team award.

The Hockey team should win it, but think it will be Leicester City with the Dilly Ding Dilly Dong mentioned a few times

Back