• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spread Eagle Closing Down

Unfortunately The Spread will never make any money because the brewery are too greedy. Tenants are made to play by the rules or be fined but the rules are all in favour of the brewery. Me and Alan had some great times there and met some great friends, but it cost us our savings and left us in a lot of debt. I’d love it if the Spread wasn’t tied to a brewery like the Boar isn’t but I can’t see the brewery ever giving it up.

Unfortunately The Spread will never make any money because the brewery are too greedy. Tenants are made to play by the rules or be fined but the rules are all in favour of the brewery. Me and Alan had some great times there and met some great friends, but it cost us our savings and left us in a lot of debt. I’d love it if the Spread wasn’t tied to a brewery like the Boar isn’t but I can’t see the brewery ever giving it up.

Unfortunately most Brewerys couldn't organise the proverbial in one.

Most now seem to be interested in the land value when the pub fails rather than the business as is.

Note that Britain's biggest (?) Pub chain Greene King was recently bought out by a property developer.

Very sad that your first post on here contains such grim news for you Michelle. We wish you all the best for the future and hope that your fortunes pick up not too far into the future.

Good luck to you and Alan.

Very sad that your first post on here contains such grim news for you Michelle. We wish you all the best for the future and hope that your fortunes pick up not too far into the future.

Good luck to you and Alan.
Thank you. The Boar is doing well, just wish Southend were doing better on the pitch

They will when it's converted into flats.

So Tom chalk is taking over the spread on the 23rd march, don’t expect sky tv or much sports but do expect plenty of 50’s and 60’s music if you like that sort of thing, beer will be cheap tho:Thumbs up:

So Tom chalk is taking over the spread on the 23rd march, don’t expect sky tv or much sports but do expect plenty of 50’s and 60’s music if you like that sort of thing, beer will be cheap tho:Thumbs up:
Tom Chalk will not be opening with this virus about .

Back