• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Spurs Blown Away

EastStandBlue

Life President
Shall we just dive straight into the main talking point of the match?

What on Earth had Ray Wilkins taken before the match? He was like a man possessed last night and had the general demeanour of a crack addict desperately seeking a score.

"Stay on your feet, stay on your feet, stay on your feet... You've got to stay on your feet."

"Pepe's basically just ran into a flying machine."

"In a harsh environment, you can't count your chickens."

Then he mentioned something about Ronaldo being tugged off in the box, which I'm sure would have been a delight. Jamie Redknapp, not to be outdone, then came out with this belter; "I know my dad really well."

Commentary at its very finest.

What on Earth had Ray Wilkins taken before the match? He was like a man possessed last night and had the general demeanour of a crack addict desperately seeking a score.

"Stay on your feet, stay on your feet, stay on your feet... You've got to stay on your feet."

Then he mentioned something about Ronaldo being tugged off in the box, which I'm sure would have been a delight. Jamie Redknapp, not to be outdone, then came out with this belter; "I know my dad really well."

My personal favourate was the commentator stating 'An away goal now would literally be worth its weight in gold.......'

My personal favourate was the commentator stating 'An away goal now would literally be worth its weight in gold.......'

kickmaster-pro-lite-football-goal.jpg

Quite a lot of gold.

I'm going to the return match next week, shame it's a dead rubber:'(

Shall we just dive straight into the main talking point of the match?What on Earth had Ray Wilkins taken before the match? He was like a man possessed last night and had the general demeanour of a crack addict desperately seeking a score.

Not much of a talking point for me I'm afraid, as I was watching the game on Spanish TV1 (for free)!:happy:

Last edited:

I gotter say....., I gotter say, FFS Wilkins less is better.

Amazing that it was free?:unsure:
(irony alert).

Like Chelsea vs Man Utd is in the UK tonight? I'm not quite sure what you were trying to prove; it's not as if Spain is a paradise of free-to-air TV football. Well under half of the games at the last World Cup were on 'free' TV.

Like Chelsea vs Man Utd is in the UK tonight? I'm not quite sure what you were trying to prove; it's not as if Spain is a paradise of free-to-air TV football. Well under half of the games at the last World Cup were on 'free' TV.

My point was that not everyone has(or wants) to watch their footy on Murdoch TV.At least if you want to watch the Spanish national team live, you can always do so on terrestial TV.
IIRC, I watched most of the World games I saw on Brit TV.I had the choice though of watching them for free on Spanish,French,German,Italian and Polish TV.I'll be watching Chelsea v MU tonight but I could be watching Bar$a for free if I wanted to.
Pay TV is a rip off(IMO).

My point was that not everyone has(or wants) to watch their footy on Murdoch TV.At least if you want to watch the Spanish national team live, you can always do so on terrestial TV.
IIRC, I watched most of the World games I saw on Brit TV.I had the choice though of watching them for free on Spanish,French,German,Italian and Polish TV.I'll be watching Chelsea v MU tonight but I could be watching Bar$a for free if I wanted to.
Pay TV is a rip off(IMO).

Tight wad.

I prefer to think of it as principled opposition to the Murdoch empire.:smiles:
(I used to subscribe to Canal + but haven't done so for years now, as I got fed up with the choice of Bar$a or Real Madrid on alternate weeks).

Quite. With a team as good as Barca you'd want to watch them every week.

Anyway, to steer this back to the original topic, let's not be shy about this: Spurs got ripped apart, plain and simple. They knew that they were no match for Madrid, and acted accordingly, in a very bad way, which led to Crouch being sent off. Then the first goal went in, which was a defensive ****-up, which got their heads even lower. By the time the fourth went in it was almost as if Spurs were on the plane home.

As for Casillas? If I were him, I'd be taking a siesta during the game.

Anyway, to steer this back to the original topic, let's not be shy about this: Spurs got ripped apart, plain and simple. They knew that they were no match for Madrid, and acted accordingly, in a very bad way, which led to Crouch being sent off. Then the first goal went in, which was a defensive ****-up, which got their heads even lower. By the time the fourth went in it was almost as if Spurs were on the plane home.

As for Casillas? If I were him, I'd be taking a siesta during the game.

Having seen the best that English football can offer, in the shape of Chelsea v MU last night, I don't think Shalke 04 have got much to worry about in their side of the semi-final draw.

Last edited:
Having seen the best that English football can offer, in the shape of Chelsea v MU last night, I don't think Shalke 04 have got much to worry about in their side of the semi-final draw.

Indeed. That Spaniard Fernando Torres was chuffing rubbish.

I thought the main talking points Tuesday night were Mohnsi's sending off and the penalty that never was????

Back