• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

sufclee

Coach
1 – Daniel Bentley
2 – John White
3 – Ben Coker
5 – Adam Thompson
6 – Luke Prosser
7 – David Worrall
8 – Michael Timlin
9 – Lee Barnard
10 – Barry Corr
11 – Myles Weston
12 – Will Atkinson
13 – Ted Smith
14 – Kevan Hurst
16 – Conor Clifford
18 – Ryan Leonard
19 – Jack Payne
21 – Paul Smith

So we're about to sign another 2-3 players. That makes 20 players:

"Way down deep in the middle of the Congo..."

1 – Daniel Bentley
2 – John White
3 – Ben Coker
5 – Adam Thompson
6 – Luke Prosser
7 – David Worrall
8 – Michael Timlin
9 – Lee Barnard
10 – Barry Corr
11 – Myles Weston
12 – Will Atkinson
13 – Ted Smith
14 – Kevan Hurst
16 – Conor Clifford
18 – Ryan Leonard
19 – Jack Payne
21 – Paul Smith

Ricky Duncan must be pretty disappointed: all those development contracts handed out and they don't even get a squad number.

Where's Mitchell Pinnock, Josh Banton, Jason "fast and hungry" Williams, Jack Bridge, Ellis Brown, Ryan Auger etc?

It's like we've a limitation on the number we can include in our squad.

Only 14 outfield players and no number for EB or IL? There is something very sniffy about this. Come on Smiffy. I thought you were on the case :smile:

Ricky Duncan must be pretty disappointed: all those development contracts handed out and they don't even get a squad number.

Where's Mitchell Pinnock, Josh Banton, Jason "fast and hungry" Williams, Jack Bridge, Ellis Brown, Ryan Auger etc?

It's like we've a limitation on the number we can include in our squad.

I assume we will get 3 more to bring us up to the minimum 20 and then they will include the development boys

Leonard and Hurst high numbers... thought they'd be first on the sheet, therefore, lower numbered?

now, this is completely based on football manager, so it probably isnt true. however, on the game, you dont have to give home grown players under 21 (i think) a squad number, because they arent officially included in the final squad size (something to do with helping home grown talent come through). is it possible that this is why they dont have numbers? or just wishful thinking to prove we arent limited in our squad size due to a classic childs juice drink?

now, this is completely based on football manager, so it probably isnt true. however, on the game, you dont have to give home grown players under 21 (i think) a squad number, because they arent officially included in the final squad size (something to do with helping home grown talent come through). is it possible that this is why they dont have numbers? or just wishful thinking to prove we arent limited in our squad size due to a classic childs juice drink?

Possibly but Ted Smith, our third choice keeper has been given a squad no.

17 players including both reserve GK's, a young Payne and injured Timlin. Shambles.

I don't see this as a shambles, just an inevitable fact of life at a cash-strapped League 2 club.

With a couple or three triallists who'll be taken on, and a couple or three long-term loans, the squad will swell to the right size and, hopefully, quality.

With Timmlin missing that give us 16 fit players god help us if we pick up either another bad injury of red card .

I don't see this as a shambles, just an inevitable fact of life at a cash-strapped League 2 club.

With a couple or three triallists who'll be taken on, and a couple or three long-term loans, the squad will swell to the right size and, hopefully, quality.

agree with this. i think it's pretty meaningless. we all know we're short and need a few more. maybe not having a no 4 means we've got one lined up, maybe it means nothing at all

And you wonder why players chose other clubs and even non league clubs over us? How long should they wait before getting a contract offer?

Back