• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Seems like Thompson hasnt been given a number according to that.

Technically not our player anymore, so wouldn't be given a number.

Surprised so many youngsters have been given shirt numbers though.

1 - GK
2 - RB
3 - LB
4 - DM
5 - Old fashioned CB
6 - Ball playing CB
7 - RM
8 - CM
9 - Target Man
10 - AM or other type of forward i.e. Advanced, poacher, deep lying etc.
11 - LM
12 - Back-up midfielder (Atkinson fits this perfectly)
13 - Sub keeper
14 - Back-up wide midfielder
15 - Back-up CB
16 - Back-up CB
17 - Back-up RB
18 - Back-up LB
19 - 21 - Back-up strikers

Oh and I always give the number 23 shirt to a young hungry unproven striker in the hope that they will turn out to be the next Freddy! The rest is designated on a first come first serve basis, although I tend to give third choice (young) keeper the number 30 shirt, gives him something to aim for (i.e. the number 1 or 13 jersey, he will be in a position to push for this after his first season out on loan to a Conference South team, I wouldn't want to disrupt the lad too much so would never send on loan to a team up North, homesickness n all that).

That is my logic behind picking squad numbers on FM, Fifa and historically LMA Manager for my Southend teams.

Funny how on your own adventures on video games etc it is something that is important for quite a few of us. Real life I couldn't care less...

Btw this post is meant as a bit of a laugh.

I'm very strict...with a touch of OCD thrown in...Goalkeepers 1,13,22,33,44,55 and the strongest side I have at the start of the season get the first 11 squad numbers....senior back up players generally in the 20's and 30's and youth teamers get 40 and upwards.

All squad numbers are re-assessed at the start of every season.....people might not like it, but I'm running a modern club and don't give a toss if my virtual fans have to shell out every season to avoid their virtual shirts being virtually out of date.

this is insane.
for me it's the following

2 5 6 3
7 8 4 11
9 10

then

12 14 15 16
17 (or promising youngster) 18 19 20
21 22

23 is reserved for my future star, that's the hallowed number

then whatever but i don't tend to give many more, don't want huge squads but i like to bring quite a few youngsters in so they'll pick up some numbers

1. Dan Bentley
2. John White
3. Ben Coker
4. Anthony Wordsworth
5. Adam Thompson
6. Luke Prosser
7. David Worrall
8. Michael Timlin
9. David Mooney
10. Jack Payne
11. Myles Weston
12. Will Atkinson
13. Ted Smith
14. Kevan Hurst
15. Cian Bolger
16. Noel Hunt
17. Stephen McLaughlin
18. Ryan Leonard
20. Glen Rea
21. Paul Smith
22. Gary Deegan
24. Luke O'Niell
26. Adam Barrett

1. Dan Bentley
2. John White
3. Ben Coker
4. Anthony Wordsworth
5. Adam Thompson
6. Luke Prosser
7. David Worrall
8. Michael Timlin
9. David Mooney
10. Jack Payne
11. Myles Weston
12. Will Atkinson
13. Ted Smith
14. Kevan Hurst
15. Cian Bolger
16. Noel Hunt
17. Stephen McLaughlin
18. Ryan Leonard
20. Glen Rea
21. Paul Smith
22. Gary Deegan
24. Luke O'Niell
26. Adam Barrett

you've missed 23. Pigott

In terms of squad size I am happy with that. I know PB wants another striker but I'm sure the 3 we've signed are all more than capable in this league, he just needs to play more than one at a time!

so i did apologies for that

1. Dan Bentley
2. John White
3. Ben Coker
4. Anthony Wordsworth
5. Adam Thompson
6. Luke Prosser
7. David Worrall
8. Michael Timlin
9. David Mooney
10. Jack Payne
11. Myles Weston