• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Squeamish Foods

amsemp

Director⭐
So tonight's dinner for me was Pig Cheeks and spuds, which was absolutely delicious, but repulsed my other half at the same time. I'm usually not squeamish at all with food, drawing the line at offal, although I adore black pudding.

Got me wondering what weird and wonderful things people like/despair at their family or friends eating? What's the weirdest or most disgusting thing you've ever tried?

I'm sure some of us have a hankering for some pretty gross stuff :smile:

How can you not eat offal? Kidneys and liver are wonderful if cooked properly - and by that I mean by not over cooking them!

I'm not great with the oddities though, just seeking tongue on the deli counter makes me want to heave!

I don't like oily fish such as herring, pilchard, mackerel etc but for some strange reason love smoked salmon.

I don't like shellfish at all apart from oysters and lobsters.

Apart from that anything goes.

I once had a lamb rice dish in Africa, I recognised the pieces of lung and ate those, flavourless and ghastly texture, the sliced testis were not a problem although these were not particularly pleasant but the culinary highlight and what delighted my hosts was that I got the nose, soft, chewy and not without flavour but I hope, never to be repeated.

I've eaten snails and Crocodile but other than that nothing overly strange.

Anything that squirts out blood when you cut into it makes me puke.

I eat Tripe once ,I know that some on here will disagree , but I did not think much of it .

Not eaten anything "that" squeamish....a burger from Roots Hall is about as dangerous as it gets. :sick:

How can you not eat offal? Kidneys and liver are wonderful if cooked properly - and by that I mean by not over cooking them!

I'm not great with the oddities though, just seeking tongue on the deli counter makes me want to heave!

I once had a steak and kidney pie when I was a kid and hated it. Think it's put me off since! Just don't like the texture I think, it's not the thought of what I'm acually eating. Might give liver and bacon a go!

I once had a steak and kidney pie when I was a kid and hated it. Think it's put me off since! Just don't like the texture I think, it's not the thought of what I'm acually eating. Might give liver and bacon a go!

Not a fan of kidneys, but love a calves liver. Pat in flour, salt & pepper and fry on each side for no longer than 2 minutes. Needs to be nice & pink, and not like a bit of old leather.

Sadly my local supermarket doesn't sell it anymore. :sad:

Am I the only person who quite enjoys the burgers at Roots Hall?
There is a good chance you are , I often used to wonder what happend to the old boy with the flat cap who used to stand by a pillar in the North Bank .

Used to have hearts as a kid, never a big fan , but that was just because they were a bit fiddly (I am not a big fan if Lamb chops, ribs or chicken legs / wings )
Liver , kidneys are great.

Since our trip to South Africa Mrs FS has been buying various meats , and they have all been rather good.
Recently we have had Springbok, Kudu, Buffalo, Horse, Zebra, Ostrich amongst others.

Endangered Species pie....now there's a thought for MK when he goes on Masterchef

Used to have hearts as a kid, never a big fan , but that was just because they were a bit fiddly (I am not a big fan if Lamb chops, ribs or chicken legs / wings )
Liver , kidneys are great.

Since our trip to South Africa Mrs FS has been buying various meats , and they have all been rather good.
Recently we have had Springbok, Kudu, Buffalo, Horse, Zebra, Ostrich amongst others.

Endangered Species pie....now there's a thought for MK when he goes on Masterchef

Badger Burger. :winking:

Fried liver and bacon with lashings of onions,give it a go amsemp,bloody lovely.:thumbsup:

Back