• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sri Lanka Tour

Looks like I've finally got my wish of Foakes being brought back into the test side and it looks like Bairstow is given a long overdue reminder that nobody's place should be taken for granted.
Agree with resting Jimmy and would have done the same with Broad as well, he has nothing to prove. Bowling pretty much picks itself and the only surprise for me, even though it was widely predicted, is the inclusion of Jennings. His record in the sub continent is excellent but you can't really be a opening batsman for England who only goes on tour to this particular region.
Thoroughly enjoyed this last year so really looking forward to watching the battle against spin again. Definitely for the purists I concede but this really will be a chess match on a cricket field!

Looks like I've finally got my wish of Foakes being brought back into the test side and it looks like Bairstow is given a long overdue reminder that nobody's place should be taken for granted.
Agree with resting Jimmy and would have done the same with Broad as well, he has nothing to prove. Bowling pretty much picks itself and the only surprise for me, even though it was widely predicted, is the inclusion of Jennings. His record in the sub continent is excellent but you can't really be a opening batsman for England who only goes on tour to this particular region.
Thoroughly enjoyed this last year so really looking forward to watching the battle against spin again. Definitely for the purists I concede but this really will be a chess match on a cricket field!

Ed Smith was hinting it would still be Buttler because they want consistency and with his recent workload there’s no point in making Buttler tour if they’re not going to play him.

Personally think Buttler desperately needs a series off and Foakes replacing him for this tour was the obvious move.

Jennings makes a lot of sense: not just for his batting against spin but for his catching close in. If nothing else he’s the ideal sub fielder for out there.

Just hope we can go back to basics and if the need to block out the day is needed ,we have the mental capacity and not the ODI mentality

Really looking forward to this series,different approach is needed to the likes of SA,NZ, Aussie

Big tour for Denly this, in fact, the next 8 months are going to be make or break for him I think.
Score runs at three on this tour and the summer tests and he could cement his test spot for next 2 to 3 years. Fail and it could be a rather short lived existence. Harsh maybe but England now have top order players coming through so no room for passengers.
For what it's worth I hope he makes a fist of it.

Foakes has to be the man with the gloves in a country where spin is king his standup work is top draw and very smart and can bat as well,

Rumours of this tour being tagged onto the end of the India 2021 tour.

Back