• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brown Interested in Pompey Job

Sky Sports News is reporting that , according to their sources, PB is interested in the vacant Portsmouth job, but that his present focus is to get SUFC promoted.

Just seen that. Can't understand why he would say he is interested in the job at this stage of the season unless he is using it to push his contract talks through quicker.

That is a bit of a surprise actually. Could see PB's head being turned by this. The pompey fans would soon get very tired of his tactics though, I couldn't see him lasted there more than 2 seasons max.

Interesting. Potentially a little unsettling for players and manager at this stage.

That is a bit of a surprise actually. Could see PB's head being turned by this. The pompey fans would soon get very tired of his tactics though, I couldn't see him lasted there more than 2 seasons max.

Why. They are in a worse position in most ways. PB gets the job even if we fail to promote and that is 2 year's wages sorted for him. If he went and we failed to promote the wider question is which players would follow? I could see this happening

ORM is going to make the outrageous prediction (assuming this is true) that Kev Maher is our next Manager with Tilly as assistant and a role for Barrett somewhere (preferably pulling pints in the Shrimper's Bar)

The latest odds have him as a big outsider at 40/1. Bookies normally get these things near enough, so it looks like he won't be their next manager.

Harry Redknapp 6
Ian Holloway 8
Darren Ferguson 10
Neil Warnock 10
Danny Wilson 16
Gianfranco Zola 16
Iain Dowie 16
Malky Mackay 16
Paul Tisdale 16
Gary Megson 20
Dennis Wise 33
John Hartson 33
Nick Barmby 33
Paul Ince 33
Aidy Boothroyd 40
Dean Saunders 40
Neil Cox 40
Phil Brown 40
Robbie Fowler 40

Being honest,

Phil's brand of football Imo is a complete turn off,If Pompey want him then good luck to them and Phil.

No loss in my eyes.

It says something that he is priced the same as the clueless hoof it style exponent Aidy Boothroyd.

Seeing as his long term contract never appeared its hardly a surprise he is interested.

I suspect this is all just because someone in the media has his phone number (don't know how they'd manage to get that!), rang him up and asked him if, hypothetically, he'd be interested. His response was probably yes, but I want to get Southend promoted, and now it's a story.

Back