• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadia you've been to.

Worst....Springfield Park for just the stadium.....Ninian Park in the early 80's for the whole experience.
Best.....St James' Park Newcastle. In the height of the Keegan era, when the PL was still a game of football.
For a tick.....The old Maracana.
Biggest disappointment......The Olympic stadium

Best: ArenA Amsterdam, I reckon it would probably be Nou Camp if I went there for a game but I have only done the stadium tour.

Worst: layer rd

Favourite: It says stadia and doesn't specify football so I'd say the WACA. Lived in Perth for nearly 2 years, could walk to the WACA and saw England in the winning ashes series there (I know it was the only test we lost but great all the same). Plus Chris Gayle was playing for WA Warriors pre big bash which was always fun to watch. Even saw Ten Doeschate put in a MOTM performance for Tasmania there. Holds very fond memories of a great time in my life.

Best: ArenA Amsterdam, I reckon it would probably be Nou Camp if I went there for a game but I have only done the stadium tour.

Favourite: It says stadia and doesn't specify football so I'd say the WACA. Lived in Perth for nearly 2 years, could walk to the WACA and saw England in the winning ashes series there (I know it was the only test we lost but great all the same). Plus Chris Gayle was playing for WA Warriors pre big bash which was always fun to watch. Even saw Ten Doeschate put in a MOTM performance for Tasmania there. Holds very fond memories of a great time in my life.

I have seen an Ashes test at the WACA but if we are talking Cricket, Lords and Trent Bridge are my favourites. But for a day of entertainment it just has to be on the Western terrace Headingley.

I've not been to any of them for a game, I've done a tour at Lords. Rose Bowl is my favourite of English grounds I have been to, although I do love tiny little Chelmsford. Kensington Oval is the one I'd really like to do I think, you ever done a WI tour?

For cricket Lord's and Edgbaston. Taunton is great for atmosphere even for county matches (must be the zider).

Best - New Tottenham ground.
Worst - Layer Road, Withdean
Fav - Old Wembley

No not done a WI trip. Plenty of friends and some from the cricket club have been, so I have had the chance.....To be honest with age and further travel I don't fancy a purely lads sport trips.

Just 10 or 15 years back I thought the WC in Brazil 2014 was a nailed on dead cert for me.....Once FIFA ensured it would be a rubbish trip and their choices of the next two hosts.....I was done with that level of football.

Best - St, James’ Park, Newcastle

Worst - The Withdean

Favourite - La Rosaleda, Malaga

The new WACA is pretty good as well...:Highfive:
Agree with you;
Layer Road and Aldershot always feature highly on my worst grounds
Old West Ham for atmosphere

oh come on, Chadfields isn't that bad! Did you ever go to Aveley's old ground or Waltham Abbey!?

Haha Chadfields is ok, as long as you don’t disturb the neighbours.

Never minded Aveleys old ground. Haven’t been to their new one yet, but looks fair enough.

Best: New Tottenham ground
Worst: Don Valley (where Rotherham played for a while)
Favourite: Roots Hall, or Fenway Park

Best - The Emirates

Worst - Kenilworth Road

Favourite - The Theatre of Horrors

Haha Chadfields is ok, as long as you don’t disturb the neighbours.

Never minded Aveleys old ground. Haven’t been to their new one yet, but looks fair enough.

I remember visiting Hornchurch supporters singing 'Town full of pikeys', which I thought was pretty brave/moronic of them, considering the sizeable Traveller's site about a hundred yards from where they were standing!

Aveley's old ground always made me laugh with the massive gap in the fence they used to have towards the end. New ground is pretty nice to be fair, although their security is abysmal, as I've got in 3 times so far without paying (twice were honest mistakes, once was in protest at paying £9 for a pre-season friendly)

Most over-rated; Nou Camp - impressive in size only
Best: New Wembley and Millenium Stadium
Favourite: Roots Hall - a proper ground (even more so back in the days of terraces) even if seen much better days
Worst League / Non-League: AFC Wombles / Ramsgate

Best - New Wembley

Worst - MK Dons old Hockey Stadium ( freezing loss in 05/06 )

Favouite - (Apart from Roots Hall) - City Ground ( Forest ). Went to a Tuesday Night game in late 90's and just felt like a proper atmospheric big football ground.

Back