• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadia you've been to.

My one and only trip to Aldershot was in April 1981, during our promotion campaign.

Quite enjoyed the ground I have to admit.

Up to 2001.
Best Old Trafford
Worst Layer Rd, because in 1970 one of those wooden barriers snapped during a rendition of 'knees up Mother Brown', & if it hadn't been for a few of our 'big-uns' locking arms, there could have been a mini Ibrox tragedy on those wooden terraces.
Best for atmosphere. Wembley 2000 Charity Shield, Chelsea v Man Utd.

I liked the big imposing terraces that used to exist. The old one behind the goal at Molineux was particularly good. Craven cottage was also good for terracing.

As other posters have alluded to the San Siro is a good call, an iconic stadium.

I have to say the worst current one I have been to in the EPL or EFL is probably Roots Hall! As bad as Kenilworth Road is it does generate a good atmosphere.

more I think of it, didn’t mind Aldershot at all!
Wigan’s old ground, that was a dump.

Yep, agreed. I went to the old Wigan ground, as well. The same season as Aldershot.

We won 1-0 and were stuck on a bit of terracing under their main stand towards the grass bank end :-

103ff64dc85a21f6cb02c8b1e6fea109.jpg

Yep, agreed. I went to the old Wigan ground, as well. The same season as Aldershot.

We won 1-0 and were stuck on a bit of terracing under their main stand towards the grass bank end :-

103ff64dc85a21f6cb02c8b1e6fea109.jpg
But that doesn't look like a "dump" to me. It's quirky, different and in an unusual setting ie not on an out of town industrial estate, which is what no doubt occupies the site now.

Quite frankly, I wish SUFC still played at the Kursaal.

The day I went it was pretty miserable, in truth.

The ground was devoid of any atmosphere, being that the crowd were spread out around the place and quite a way from the pitch.

I love the old stadia, but for me the stands need to be on top of the pitch.

I used to hate (and still do) those grounds where there is a running track around the edge of the pitch and everyone is so far away from the action.

I think that's the main reason I listed Newport as another ground I disliked visiting.

"I used to hate (and still do) those grounds where there is a running track around the edge of the pitch and everyone is so far away from the action."

Same here. Need a telescope at some grounds!

Not the original Roots Hall?

Loved the old South Bank.

When we kicked that way, a crowd of us would run down behind the goal for corners to be close to the action. Great days.

But that doesn't look like a "dump" to me. It's quirky, different and in an unusual setting ie not on an out of town industrial estate, which is what no doubt occupies the site now.

Quite frankly, I wish SUFC still played at the Kursaal.

I have often thought the same. Normally when I'm shopping in Lidl around 11:00hrs........Thats about the time the great unwashed emerge from the Kursal estate, on the hunt for cheap cider and fags.

I've never been to Clapton FC's ground, but I've heard it's like an unkempt lawn!
The day I went it was pretty miserable, in truth.

The ground was devoid of any atmosphere, being that the crowd were spread out around the place and quite a way from the pitch.

I love the old stadia, but for me the stands need to be on top of the pitch.

I used to hate (and still do) those grounds where there is a running track around the edge of the pitch and everyone is so far away from the action.

I think that's the main reason I listed Newport as another ground I disliked visiting.
My lists:-
NON-LEAGUE :
Best — Leyton Orient ! Excellent viewing from all 4 sides,esp. high up on east side.
Worst — Cadbury Heath (Bristol) —Western Premier —sparse,in all respects.
Favourite — Larkhall Athletic (Bath)— Southern League South — very friendly ,lovely views.

LEAGUE:
Best — Tottenham Stadium — first visit for exciting game last night.
Worst — Somerton Park — I endured a whole string of dismal defeats back in the day.
Favourite — The highest ground: The Hawthorns —fantastic atmosphere with the country’s best fans ( Liverpool being a possible challenger here).

Back