• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Stadia you've been to.

Best - the old Bayern Munich stadium. Beer inside, warm kebab, decent game.
Worst - R&D, just soulless
Favourite - Kidderminster - proper ground, proper food.

I was there, as the gates opened..

Funny thing was the rush for the food kiosk, rather than to get into the ground...(very narrow turnstile / entry if memory serves me right)...:Unsure:

Best: Melbourne Cricket Ground. If a football ground was made same way, it would be awesome. Actual proper football ground would be Spurs. I went today and it’s superb and caters so well for the fans.

Worst: Wimbledon. No surprise there

Favourite: Elland Road. Superb atmosphere, especially against Man Utd. Proper old school spiteful noise!!

1. Best? Camp Nou
  2. Worst? Aylesbury (Buckingham Road)
  3. Favourite? Cardiff (Millennium Stadium)

Best: Old Wembley (far more atmospheric)
Favourite: Roots hall
Worst: Millmoor (Rotherhams old ground)

Since I first posted, I've been a bit of a "groundhopper" (bus pass helps!)
Takeley, Saffron Walden, Heybridge, Hullbridge, all new places but the best now - Lewes! The Dripping Pan - grass banks and flint walls (protected structures!) - great pies, prosecco on tap, fresh pasta and ice-cream stalls and the executive boxes are beach huts! Plus Lewes itself is great with a castle, Fuego Lounge (same a Mojito Lounge in Southend), plenty of places to eat, a record shop, a priory - all sorts, plus a 14th century pub in nearby Kingston called Juggs (no, not Hooters!). Just wonderful!

Since I first posted, I've been a bit of a "groundhopper" (bus pass helps!)
Takeley, Saffron Walden, Heybridge, Hullbridge, all new places but the best now - Lewes! The Dripping Pan - grass banks and flint walls (protected structures!) - great pies, prosecco on tap, fresh pasta and ice-cream stalls and the executive boxes are beach huts! Plus Lewes itself is great with a castle, Fuego Lounge (same a Mojito Lounge in Southend), plenty of places to eat, a record shop, a priory - all sorts, plus a 14th century pub in nearby Kingston called Juggs (no, not Hooters!). Just wonderful!
I’ve heard Lewes is a “must visit”. Never been but I’d like to go.

Best -Philips Stadium (Eindhoven). You could hear the sound system a mile off. (Portugal v England).
Worst - Aldershot I think but plenty of notable contenders
Honourable mentions - The Millenium Stadium, R&Ds old ground, which seemed to be a template for new low capacity stadium grounds but obviously that experiment failed.

Grounds you’ve played at ? The old Wembley, Loftus Road, Kennilworth Road, Roots Hall.

I have played in the Kosovan National Stadium in Pristina and it is the absolute pits, pitch is awful and changing rooms et c so bad we changed pitch side, no crowds allowed. We ( a combination of Brits and Italians), lost to a team of mainly German, French and smaller nations. Ref was a German too.
Best, most crisp atmosphere was Red Star Belgrade stadium, those Serbs are frightening feckers.

A plan here - a match in Menorca! I messaged the official website. Admission €5 and an average "crowd" of 100! I've not been to a game abroad - seen a few stadia (Pula for example) though.

Back